GTI Brakes

I’m looking to replace the discs and pads on my GTI and was just wondering what advice people have without doing the G60 conversion (unless these will fit behind the original 15” alloys). I’ve looked on Euro Car Parts and the cheapest look to be Pagid Discs and pads but I was wondering if anyone would recommend something different if these are crap. 

Edited by Pringle

• Pringle changed the title to GTI Brakes

I did the G60 conversion many moons ago and use VW OEM pads on the front with no issues at all. I found with the stock 256mm brakes, the ABS would kick in more often and you could feel the judder through the brake pedal, 280mm stops this

Changed pads and discs early 2019 and used Pagid from Euro Car Parts, they've done approx 10 - 12,000 mixed miles in all weathers. I've no complaints and only occasionally feel the ABS ......... I'm obviously driving too gently😂😂😂
Worth noting, the painted coating on the complete disc has stood up well to the weather, the swept area cleared very quickly.

Edited by kt_lou_gti
  • Like 1