Hard to source parts

cj1

Hi again all. Thought I'd return for a bit of a discussion.

It's becoming more apparent that VW are dropping items from production / stock, and as such some parts are harder to come by. I thought it would be interesting to try and compile a somewhat list of those "Rare" parts, whether they simply be OEM replacement parts, or even aftermarket ones. 

So if I kick it off:

• Lupo GTI Ball Joints
  • ABT Grilles
  • Lupo GTI Headlight Washer Jets & Covers

11 hours ago, cj1 said:

It's becoming more apparent that VW are dropping items from production / stock, and as such some parts are harder to come by. I thought it would be interesting to try and compile a somewhat list of those "Rare" parts, whether they simply be OEM replacement parts, or even aftermarket ones. 

So if I kick it off:

• Lupo GTI Ball Joints
  • ABT Grilles

You can get aftermarket GTI ball joints pretty inexpensively 

I know the ball joints where for a long time before the parts where removed from the system difficult to get.

Here is he diagram from ETKA. Slight confussing as there are two part numbers and hertige seem to say its not avalaible either.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/lupo++lupo+3l+tdi/lu/2005-441/4/407-407000/#9

To be added on the list

Aluminum bonnet - Not avalaible since after the lupo went out of production. Basically if you ordered one frm Vw you got a steel one instead.

SE side badge - avalaible to the SE only.

Lupo rear badge

Edited by lupo1.0se

On 11/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, cj1 said:

So if I kick it off:

• Lupo GTI Ball Joints
  • ABT Grilles

Hi mate Iv got everyone covered for washer jets Iv 3d printed some and even then end caps to them Iv made them twice as strong if anyones interested in a any let me no thanks

13 hours ago, Johnstanyer96 said:

Hi mate Iv got everyone covered for washer jets Iv 3d printed some and even then end caps to them Iv made them twice as strong if anyones interested in a any let me no thanks

Be great if you could show some pictures of what you've made?

To add to the list:

Clutch over centre spring (obsolete from VW)

Sump (obsolete from VW)