Gti lambda probe

danboy

Hi all 

My new to me gti needs both lambda probes replacing at the same time ☹️

I'mooking at ordering 2 bosch ones from auto doc as they seem to be the cheapest 

Any recommendations? 

Thanks Dan 

IMG_20211003_171919.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If those are universal replacement ones, I recommend you to solder them instead of using the huge connector. I know there is written not to do that, but thats because you actually need to remove soldering iron from electricity suply at the moment you do soldering. If you do the soldering fine, you can fit all 4 cables in the sleeve, without cutting it in two pieces etc.

Have you checked the vcds data from the sensors? R u sure they need replacing, as they're pretty tough? I've always soldered them with power on with no problems. It's just a plain and simple Nernst cell, like an AA battery- no sensitive electronics in there.

thanks for the reply's guy

the new lambdas has sorted the bank 2 error but in still getting an error on bank 1 

16514 -oxygen (lambda) sensor B1 S1

p0130 - 35-10 malfunction in circuit - intermittent

any ideas ?

not sure what other date from the sensor i should be looking at or even how to find it on vcds 

Dan..

Have you checked the voltage on the supply to the probes? Could be a power issue from a relay. Have a read on how an ECU uses the signals from a lambda probe (oxygen sensor) and it'll help find the source of the problem. Then with VCDS, you can use the live data to see if the sensor is doing what it's meant to do.

• 2 weeks later...