New member. Resurrecting my 2001 1.4

SleeperService

Just saying hi. I've owned my Lupo for 16 of its 20 years. A leak drowned the interior 2 years ago so I stripped the interior, refurbished the carpets, found and fixed the leaked, and then got sick. Just now able to start reassembling. It's tired, but with only 45,000 miles on it and a fairly sound body I think there's some life in it yet. After 2 years idle it started without a cough so pretty optimistic. Trivial issues, and the damn airbag light brought me to you guys. I suspect I'll be needing a bit of help from an experienced community so I'm delighted to have found you all. The wee soul deserves attention and I do love it. All the best folks.

Most likely culprit is the clockspring. Usually airbag faults are caused by a simple circuit break somewhere. The system tests the airbag circuit continuity by passing a "very" low current through the propellant igniter. If there is no current flow, it assumes the airbag is disconnected. Too much current and it goes off...

And welcome to club lupo after all the years! Pics please :)