Arosa Stutter

ArosaScott

Ok so the other day i was driving like i normally do and was in 5th at 30mph (been doing that since ownership of the rosa, over 2 years) but then i was coming out of a 30mph into a 50mph pressed down on the throttle to increase speed and it started to stutter / tug, whatever you like to call it (felt like if you was going to stall) since then its been doing it in other gears when i go to apply more throttle. 

So i had the spark plugs out, all spot on not an issue... so my question is can anybody tell me any common problems or things i need to change? 

Reading Coil pack / HT leads? 

2 hours ago, ArosaScott said:

Ok so the other day i was driving like i normally do and was in 5th at 30mph (been doing that since ownership of the rosa, over 2 years) but then i was coming out of a 30mph into a 50mph pressed down on the throttle to increase speed and it started to stutter / tug, whatever you like to call it (felt like if you was going to stall) since then its been doing it in other gears when i go to apply more throttle. 

So i had the spark plugs out, all spot on not an issue... so my question is can anybody tell me any common problems or things i need to change? 

Reading Coil pack / HT leads? 

if you take the leads off of the coilpack, the connections will be all crusty if that's what is causing the issue. I've had it on both my GTI's I replaced both the leads and the coilpack as the corrosion was on both

On 8/23/2021 at 10:06 PM, mk2 said:

Yeah, try leads, then coil pack. Fairly common.

Why is that so common? My engine had this problem as well.
Isnt that somehow connected to clogged crankcase breather or something?  For example:“Symptoms of a bad BMW CCV are: white smoke coming out of the exhaust, excessive oil consumption (burning oil), engine running rough and misfiring. Failure of the BMW crankcase vent valve creates a vacuum from air being sucked through the rear main seal.”

Ok new coil and spark plug leads fitted and i think i see the problem. 

on the coil pack PORT A & D look very grey with corrosion while C & B looked fairly clean. We also saw the same results on the old spark plug leads which connected to A & D looked very worn while C & B looked fine.

About to take it for a test drive and with some luck it will have solved the issue. 

https://imgur.com/a/YCqXlHM <- Pictures of bad ports, and the clean ones. 

Edited by ArosaScott

1 hour ago, ArosaScott said:

Ok new coil and spark plug leads fitted and i think i see the problem. 

on the coil pack PORT A & D look very grey with corrosion while C & B looked fairly clean. We also saw the same results on the old spark plug leads which connected to A & D looked very worn while C & B looked fine.

About to take it for a test drive and with some luck it will have solved the issue. 

https://imgur.com/a/YCqXlHM <- Pictures of bad ports, and the clean ones. 

Did you noticed a specific reason for the A&D ignition problem? Might be its just a result of another unsolved problem.

it's just what happens to them unfortunately, both my GTIs had the exact same issue with just two leads and mine were all attached properly. I've seen it mentioned a fair few times on this forum by others aswell!