Will they fit.....

JasperIrl

Hi guys,

Looking at getting some Ultralites 15x7.5J ET30, I want to use 195/50/15 tyres (But I believe these are too small, so it will be 205/50/15), and the car will be lowered (Not a crazy amount)

Will they rub?

Anyone have a similar setup?

Cheers

Shane

Edited by JasperIrl

195/50 R15 are 22,7"  and 205/50 R16 are 23,1" tires, Lupo is made for 22" tires, thats about tire diameter.

about width and fitment OEM GTI rims are 6Jx15 ET43, You are aiming at 1,5 inch wider rims and with 13mm less offset, they will rub arches without heavy modifications. Search online for wheel offset calculator for exact calculations. 

1 hour ago, ObjectiveAway said:

195/50 R15 are 22,7"  and 205/50 R16 are 23,1" tires, Lupo is made for 22" tires, thats about tire diameter.

about width and fitment OEM GTI rims are 6Jx15 ET43, You are aiming at 1,5 inch wider rims and with 13mm less offset, they will rub arches without heavy modifications. Search online for wheel offset calculator for exact calculations. 

Thanks for the reply ObjectiveAnyway, but I think you read the post wrong  😁

The Wheels I'm looking at are 15x7.5J ET 30, Not 16's 👍 (tyres would be 205/50/15)

I'll google what you said, I'd hate to buy the wheels and tires and be F@@ked!

Heres the wheels - https://www.ultraliteracing.com/wheels/ultralite-f1-2-in-matt-bronze-15x7-5-et30-4x100/

I'm not sure about fitment on a standard Lupo because I own a GTI so I won't comment, but as for the tyres, 195/50 tyres would fit on 7.5J wheels, I have 7.5J wheels with 195/40 tyres on. The 195's would give you slightly more breathing space aswell

5 minutes ago, Skajme said:

I'm not sure about fitment on a standard Lupo because I own a GTI so I won't comment, but as for the tyres, 195/50 tyres would fit on 7.5J wheels, I have 7.5J wheels with 195/40 tyres on. The 195's would give you slightly more breathing space aswell

Apologies, Its a GTI as well 🙂

oh, well in that case I don't think you should have any issues at all as long as you're not going crazy low! I have 195/40/16s on 7.5j et35 wheels on mine and never scrub

I was also at one time running 8J 16 inch wheels with an offset of 25mm and they only rubbed occasionally so I think you will be fine

Edited by Skajme
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Skajme said:

oh, well in that case I don't think you should have any issues at all as long as you're not going crazy low! I have 195/40/16s on 7.5j et35 wheels on mine and never scrub

I was also at one time running 8J 16 inch wheels with an offset of 25mm and they only rubbed occasionally so I think you will be fine

Excellent, thanks man, appreciate the help 👍