Lupo SDi 1.7 low mileage - Advice needed please

Lilliput

Hi all

I've been a member of the forum since I bought my Lupo back in 2005, with one previous owner. It was my first car from aged 17 and I still love it but I’ve just had a baby and as it’s not baby friendly (or ULEZ friendly as I live in London) it’s sadly time for the Lupo to find a new home (I hope). 

It’s a 51 plate, with approx 68k on the clock so done very little mileage for the workshore that the 1.7 SDi engines were designed for. It has always been well looked after, all advisory work done at MoT’s and serviced every year. I added fog lights and changed the interior to the matching colour but otherwise it’s the S trim. The bodywork is in good condition for a car of its age, it’s had several ‘touch ups’ by my father but most aren’t noticeable.

It needs a new electric window motor fitting to the passenger window, the drivers one has already been replaced but it’s an easy fix (I just don’t have time with a newborn prior to selling). 

The only other point I have to make is that it is Fantasia Green - so a bit of a marmite colour! 

I was wondering if there would be much interest for it and would appreciate expert views from other forum members please? 

Many thanks

Han

• Like 1

My suggestion would be find the time to sort that window issue and you have a perfect car for someone. Words like "easy fix" don't stretch very far if you're an 18 year old who has never so much as done your own oil change.

Price is right, if work is done.

1 hour ago, Skezza said:

My suggestion would be find the time to sort that window issue and you have a perfect car for someone. Words like "easy fix" don't stretch very far if you're an 18 year old who has never so much as done your own oil change.

Price is right, if work is done.

Many thanks for the advice but I cannot get the window fixed easily with a newborn atm and the car needs a new home as we don’t have space for it long term. 

Yeah, definitely on the cards, but only because of the colour.

So, there might be a near perfect silver SDI coming up for sale soon. I can't justify having more than 8 vdubs. In fact more than one is just plain greedy TBH. Already got rid of my green Syncro. Still have the blue rallye in storage though.