Crankshaft bearings

Can anyone, please, explain, me why crankshaft bearings have "no replacement part", also, I did not managed to find anything about them at workshop manual.

The same story about thrust washers - parts with number 18.

I have the 1.4 8V engine - AUD, but the same goes for majority of Lupo petrol engines. Lucky AVY engine owners.

1745064940_Screenshot2021-08-15at10_34_22.png.141a7ea2a8ede58d5641fd01a0d10677.png340944484_Screenshot2021-08-15at10_34_39.png.e991041426cb2e2bdcde7198d076959b.png

Edited by ObjectiveAway

Sorry for inattention. Unfortunately the information about the crankshaft is missing from the workshop manual for this engine and for the 1l engines. Maybe it's the same with the camshaft. I don't know if it's connected, but all these engines have aluminum engine blocks.
I noticed that another 1.4 engine, AEX, which was built with both aluminum and iron engine block, information on mounting and dismounting the crankshaft is present only in the iron engine block.

26 minutes ago, lupo 1.7sdi said:

Sorry for inattention. Unfortunately the information about the crankshaft is missing from the workshop manual for this engine and for the 1l engines. Maybe it's the same with the camshaft. I don't know if it's connected, but all these engines have aluminum engine blocks.
I noticed that another 1.4 engine, AEX, which was built with both aluminum and iron engine block, information on mounting and dismounting the crankshaft is present only in the iron engine block.

I have heard its not possible to properly reassemble crankshaft bearings, but thats all I know. Funny that ETKA refferences to workshop manual, about this.

When you rebuild an engine, you usually go for the next size up. Never the same size which is typically why they're not available. Some engines use split caps which also need special attention.

The bearing journals are normally reground. Unless you use the old crank and bearings when you change the pistons or rings for example. But still when the engine is this far stripped, it makes sense to regrind the crank, rebore/hone the cylinders and deck and skim the block/head. 

Check the wear/clearance with some plastigauge.

On 8/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, mk2 said:

When you rebuild an engine, you usually go for the next size up. Never the same size which is typically why they're not available. Some engines use split caps which also need special attention.

The bearing journals are normally reground. Unless you use the old crank and bearings when you change the pistons or rings for example. But still when the engine is this far stripped, it makes sense to regrind the crank, rebore/hone the cylinders and deck and skim the block/head. 

Check the wear/clearance with some plastigauge.

Thank You mk2, I will try my best to rebuild my Lupo engine.

• 4 months later...

I think I found the answer why there are no replacement crankshaft bearings.

There is also this which seems to indicate that the whole engine is considered a consumable item

Aluminium cylinder block

Caution

The crankshaft must not be removed. Just loosening the main bearing caps will cause deformation of the cylinder block bearing pedestals. This deformation will cause a reduction of the bearing clearance. Even if the bearing shells are not renewed bearing damage could occur due to a different bearing clearance. 

If the bearing cap bolts are loosened, the cylinder block must be replaced complete with the crankshaft.

Measuring the main bearing clearance is not possible with normal workshop equipment.

https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/302520-14-aud-engine/