VW Locking issue.

1.4SportVince

Hi,

After some help with my cars locking system. I’ve seen multiple threads but not seen one with exactly the same issue & im hoping someone can help. 

symptoms as follows:

-Lock the drivers door manually with the key & the passenger side unlocks itself, same with the boot. The same with the internal lock button on the drivers door.

-Boot won’t lock even with the key.

-Key buttons do nothing(I can live with this but changing the battery does nothing- If an easy fix then great!)

Any assistances gladly received.

Vince.

On 8/7/2021 at 11:56 PM, ObjectiveAway said:

If Im understanding the discription correctly, I think passenger door electric lock is wired improperly.

Boot should stay locked if you lock it with key (turn barrel to horizontal position), therefore most likely there is mechanical problem in lock.

What would I need to do to check the wiring?(wiring novice here)

I can pull the rear door lock apart & have a fiddle- was planning to tbh.

thanks 🙂

On 8/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, mk2 said:

The lock sensor switches are a very well known "issue" across all vdub models of our Lupo era. An easy check is if the interior light works correctly.

The interior light? Ok so I generally keep it ‘off’ - When I put it on, its dim until the ignition is on then becomes much brighter. I’ll check in the morning on it turning itself on/off with door open/close(which is what I assume you mean)

is it worth noting that the previous owner appears to have fitted a ‘super bright’ interior light replacement? Externally OEM..

Thanks, Vince.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:42 PM, mk2 said:

The lock sensor switches are a very well known "issue" across all vdub models of our Lupo era. An easy check is if the interior light works correctly.

As @mk2says, if the lock mechanism and its multi switches are working correctly then the interior light should come on when you open the door, but once you close the door the light should remain on for some 30 seconds then go out or go out if you've turned on the ignition within the 30 seconds. Additionally the 'lights on' buzzer is another indicator that all is well with the door lock; if you turn on the sidelights with the drivers door open then a buzzer will sound reminding you to turn the lights off.

• Like 1