Brake Caliper Question

ArosaScott

The fronts are just pushback. Check the brake fluid reservoir to make sure it doesn't overflow when pushing back.

I'm assuming you have drums on the rear.

Sport, GTI and TDI have wind back rear calliper's

Thanks @James_VW yeah i got drums on the back. So simple push back on the fronts with a G Clamp sorted.

Got MOT coming up so done a full service and doing the brakes and pads also and a brake fluid flush. Only annoying thing is when i put the engine cover back on and put the bolts up, 1 of the 2 bolts that hold the cover on the engine snapped, there is enough bolt to get a set of grips on to get the bolt out but really annoying, anybody happen to know the size i need to replace a cover bolt? 

Edited by ArosaScott

Front brake pads and discs all swapped over, had to order a full of new bolt and sliders and the ribber seat for the calipers as the bolts was well rounded, i cant stand allen key head bolts, so prone to rounding its unreal. ended up having to hammer in some hex head keys to get them out, but replaced them all with fresh bolts etc.