Lupo Speaker Replacement

Vnn77

Dont avoid to set up crossovers 🤕

you can add crossovers on the same wires and same tweaters, installed mine in less than 1hour behind dashboard side vents (passenger side vent just pulls out and you can reach speaker wires, but for drivers side you need to also remove the instrument cluster to reach wires and also few wires needs extensions)

Some ilustrative pictures how I managed to add crossovers to my lupo:

6DCE3F52-6409-4B42-AF6F-C0881DEE9DB6.jpeg

2BABC494-A085-4C36-A0CC-E636A2C10D71.jpeg

46 minutes ago, ObjectiveAway said:

you can add crossovers on the same wires and same tweaters, installed mine in less than 1hour behind dashboard side vents (passenger side vent just pulls out and you can reach speaker wires, but for drivers side you need to also remove the instrument cluster to reach wires and also few wires needs extensions)

well if im going to open all the stuff I might aswell use the new wires that come with the speaker and crossovers set

15 minutes ago, Vnn77 said:

well if im going to open all the stuff I might aswell use the new wires that come with the speaker and crossovers set

Good! But it will take a lot more time than that, you will need to dismantle whole dashboard instead of few parts.
I posted about this barbaric technique only because you wanted to leave oem wires without crossovers.

2 hours ago, ObjectiveAway said:

Good! But it will take a lot more time than that, you will need to dismantle whole dashboard instead of few parts.
I posted about this barbaric technique only because you wanted to leave oem wires without crossovers.

what if i get a coaxial speakers, will the stock tweeters still work? 

Cant i just run a  new cable from the same way the original tweeters go from the dashboard to the door ?

Edited by Vnn77

2 hours ago, Vnn77 said:

what if i get a coaxial speakers, will the stock tweeters still work? 

This is interesting, because you dont need mid range frequency for coaxial speekers, therefore you cant use crossovers for them. Without crossovers stock tweeters sooner or later will be not able to handle any aftermarket speakers.

7 hours ago, ObjectiveAway said:

my car is with left steering wheel, so i managed to reach the passenger seat tweeters(removing the vent) and im able to run the new cables from there directly to the door protective hose. Now I need to figure out how to remove the vent on the driver seat because the panel is connected with my headlights switches and bolted. I guess if i manage to remove that part it will be the same as the passenger side?

1 hour ago, Vnn77 said:

my car is with left steering wheel, so i managed to reach the passenger seat tweeters(removing the vent) and im able to run the new cables from there directly to the door protective hose. Now I need to figure out how to remove the vent on the driver seat because the panel is connected with my headlights switches and bolted. I guess if i manage to remove that part it will be the same as the passenger side?

Actually, to reach speaker wires you will only need to remove instrument cluster, which is very easy, just few easy visible and reachable screws. First one is under sun shield, all the rest are visible and easy to notice.

I only removed drivers side vent to place there crossover. If you want to remove it, you must push in light swich and turn from off to on, it will hold in, if you will do it properly, and you will be able to pull it out very easy. Afterwards remove screws around light swich and finally pull vent out like passengers side.

You can also install rear speakers behind rear side panels, they are same like door speakers - 165mm. But rear speaker panels are very rare.

Edited by ObjectiveAway