South/Central Lupo Meet

Jason 74

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's difficult to get these things arranged to suit everyone ie,location/time. I'm happy to meet up somewhere with a couple of others, you never know it could even become a regular thing with more attending in the future.  

That's 4 cars from Reading so far... :)

There's the waterfront cafe in Benson, right on the Thames that is fairly central. Depends on how many of us turn up. Parking for about 15 cars in total.

Any other ideas for a quick pit stop, on a sat or sun afternoon, the next few weekends? There's Oxford, but parking is always tricky unless we meet in a Botley shopping car park (wickes?) which is a bit uninspiring...

Benson is a good shout, unfortunately it tends to get very busy and the car park fills up. Another thought is the 'H' Cafe further up the road near Berinsfield but that's a Motorcycle haunt primarily. Google maps has thrown up another possibility .... The Cartshed Cafe, which is the other side of the A4074 from RAF Benson, looks like it has a reasonable car park behind MMR Research. 

Mmmhh Wickes car park seems like the right choice for a bunch of boy racers, no?

Near Wallingford there’s also the McDonald’s, M&S BP on the A4074…

Or with more ambience, there’s the Riverside car park in Crowmarch Gifford, and a pub “The Queen’s Head” which has if I remember correctly a large car park behind it. 

1 hour ago, Natst8 said:

There's a group of 10 of us meeting up before the BQR show in Cheltenham if you wanted to come along.

Would have loved to have come along, unfortunately I'm working. Thanks anyway 

I'm happy to meet anywhere in Oxfordshire area really, my main issue is that I work shifts so days off are always different. Sundays are normally good for me though. How about everyone else? I'm sure we're getting closer to arranging something.

Sundays work for me… I’ve got nothing planned yet this week or next  

I’m happy to meet in a car park somewhere. The Waitrose car park in Wallingford is of course rather idyllic (as car parks go), and it’s free on Sundays. The post code is OX10 0XB. 

Sundays iare good for me too generally, not the next one though. Yeah Wallingford is about 20 mins from me too, which works ok. And i think it's about a five min walk from Thames riverside too if people want to explore.

• Silver! changed the title to South/Central Lupo Meet