Buying advice - Lupo GTI (2005)

Ray Singh

Hi All. 

After owning a 1.4 16v Cambridge Lupo for over a year now - well its my daughters. We have a hankering for a GTI. These pocket rockets are so cute and i believe that they will appreciate in value soon.

I have found a car for sale in Scotland. Its black and on a 05 plate - which is the last of this model. Cloth interior.

What should i look out for when viewing? The body work has some bubbling here and there, is this a big issue, or can this be corrected easily?

Any help is much appreciated.

Try here is a good starting point.

Does it have any options? If the spoiler has bubbling thats common and was caused by the spoilers being left in primer in a damp environment in the factory.

22 hours ago, Ray Singh said:

Hi All. 

After owning a 1.4 16v Cambridge Lupo for over a year now - well its my daughters. We have a hankering for a GTI. These pocket rockets are so cute and i believe that they will appreciate in value soon.

I have found a car for sale in Scotland. Its black and on a 05 plate - which is the last of this model. Cloth interior.

What should i look out for when viewing? The body work has some bubbling here and there, is this a big issue, or can this be corrected easily?

Any help is much appreciated.

In Scotland the issue will always be rust, they use a lot of salt on the roads in Winter, if the sub frames are ok the car will or should be ok or fixable