Side Indicator Replacements

stator

Anyone got any tips on side indicator units that will replace the lamp and housing for my Lupo 1.4 S

Went to change a bulb and the whole unit fell apart, superglued it back together as a temporary fix, but going to need a new unit. Originals don't seem to be available.

Are the side indicators the same on all Lupo models or do some of the fancy models differ?

Arosa looks the same, correct?

Any of the LED models any good?

Getting quite hard to get parts for the old Lupo nowadays. Plastics exposed all seem to be falling apart.

Most vdubs of that era have the exact same. Golfs, Boras, Passats... loads on Ebay. Still used on new vdubs in China, so yeah they're still making some sort of equivalent flavour that is a perfect replacement.

Go for the clear type and use a metallic silvered amber bulb for the coolest looks :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the faulty one with a cheap clear casing, but it was absolute crap, very poor visibility from certain angles.

So then I bought a couple of orange casings, for some other VW, and changed the bulbs to clear ones.

Much better visibility from all angles. The orange casing doesn't rely on angles and reflections like the clear ones do.

Thanks for the info :)