dab aerial splitter

ArosaScott

Has anybody tried one of these, its a little box, with box a normal FM aerial and then a SMB dab aerial with a power supply you can scotch lock onto the ignition live of say the head unit and then its supposed to turn your normal car aerial into dab. 

I do already use a window sticker one, but theyre ugly so if i can get rid then its worth the try but just wanted to ask if anybody else has used one to get abit of feedback before buying one? 

6 hours ago, ArosaScott said:

Has anybody tried one of these, its a little box, with box a normal FM aerial and then a SMB dab aerial with a power supply you can scotch lock onto the ignition live of say the head unit and then its supposed to turn your normal car aerial into dab. 

I do already use a window sticker one, but theyre ugly so if i can get rid then its worth the try but just wanted to ask if anybody else has used one to get abit of feedback before buying one? 

No but was thinking about those dab window aerials and how ugly they are. As it happens  Ive just bought a Retro blaupunkt dab Bluetooth new as I wanted a fresh start as I have some ugly space craft radio in the ‘Rossa’. I spoke just this morning to a friend of mine with a sprinter van and he mentioned and showed me he’s got an aftermarket dab too but replaced his ‘not very good reception’ aerial with a ‘combined ‘ bee sting style one from eBay that does both ordinary FM and DAB. 

A35A4381-57D2-49E9-868A-026B32E5FE59.png

Yes i used to have a single din sony dab unit but i bought a Kenwood DMX125DAB double din unit, it works great and the dab is spot on with the glass mount but theure bloody ugly and the pack of A pillar plastics to hide the cable and copper earth strip also really bugs me. I did look at getting a replacement aerial and replace the factory aerial on the rossa but really can't be arsed to drop the roof lining etc. 

This dab splitter <- clicky ebay link, seems to have what these aerials have just behind the head unit instead of in the aerial itself, has a 12v power feed, then FM and dab aerials, for the sake of it im tempted to try it because i wouldnt have to remove the glass mount until i knew the new dab aerial worked. 

Small tech question, if i was to use it could i connect the 12v to the headunit loom for Power Antenna (purple wire) or is it better just to scotch lock into the ignition wire?

The unit you picked up looks smooth and still very much factory like, but with dab would be a great addition. 

• Like 1

I'll save anybody the hassle, don't bother with them above item. I ordered one late last night on amazon prime, paid a little extra but thought if it works well i paid £4 more than say eBay, it don't work and i send it back. 

Connected it all up as per instructions an double checked it all, powered up and nothing on dab. FM channels was better but there was nothing for dab made sure all settings was correct factory aerial as recommended but nothing, so within half hour of it landing on my door mat, its being returned just as quick. So for now the ugly window mount stays but it works flawlessly, its just so bloody ugly. 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I really like that retro dab.

Does it come in green?

If your referring to the post what I put I believe so and blue too. Best part of £400 ouch! 

Hey Rich that’s exactly the same thought I had, 50% of the value in my case but you’ve got to look at it as personal accessories ‘loaned’ to the car whilst in ownership.  @ArosaScott sorry for side tracking off your subject