VW Lupo is not engage and stall while driving

Francy

Hello,

Please if anyone can help me with a problem i face with vw lupo 1999 3L i will be very grateful as still my mechanic cant find the issue. 

I have a lovley 1999 lupo which has been great till now but while i am driving it happens sometimes that it doesnt engage. So while driving the engine seems not to be turned off but it wouldnt engage at all and when i press the gas pedal nothing happens. What i have noticed is that it happened in low speeds and also when i drive in moring after car has been in rest for many hours the issie doesnt happen, if i turn off for the second time it happens frequently. It happens only in city street(which is very stressfull for me☹) meanwhile in highway it almosy never happens.

Please if anyone can help.

Thanks

Francy

• 2 weeks later...

Is there enough hydraulic oil in the reservoir? To check, unplug the hydraulic unit electrically and release the accumulator half a turn. Remove the green cap from the reservoir and fill with VW steering hydraulic oil so that the level is within the rectangle. If you have had to top it up, find the leak and repair. Replace the cap and tighten the accumulator. Reconnect electrically. If that doesn't cure the problem, replace the accumulator. Also give the transmission a basic setting if you don't know when this was last done.

RAB

Edited by RAB