Blue or Grey GTi Wanted

Steve78

Hello, 

If anyone is considering selling there Blue or Grey GTi then please reply  .... Would have to have a good service history and if possible low owners but not essential. 
I know these colours are the rarer ones, the car is wanted for a family member who would look after it and offer it a good home. 
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 5:46 PM, Grumpy said:

There is an Anthracite grey one on Pistonheads for a eye watering £9,495!

I enquired about this and the seller said it was his own car of 15 years, yet his latest review was from someone saying that he had bought their Lupo GTI from them for a fair price in part exchange!

It isn't listed anymore so someone must have bought it, but given there have been a few minters for far less recently I can't imagine it went for more than £5 or £6,000...

8 hours ago, mickster said:

I enquired about this and the seller said it was his own car of 15 years, yet his latest review was from someone saying that he had bought their Lupo GTI from them for a fair price in part exchange!

It isn't listed anymore so someone must have bought it, but given there have been a few minters for far less recently I can't imagine it went for more than £5 or £6,000...

The ones you "may" of seen might of been Jap imports. Being a import they would be priced slightly lower as you have to factor that in where insureing the car.

There is a Red 51 plate on Autotrader (5 speed, 69k miles, no options) and they are asking £7500. Then the others that are around on ebay are around the £4500 to £5500 but have over 100000 miles. The black one being less as that has a after market sunroof fitted. Swings and roundabouts i say. But would say some may be reaching the £7000 mark now due to being not easy to find a low mileage one/rare options etc.

Did you see the photos? It was quite shabby particularly inside, low mileage and a rare colour but needed work to bring it up to scratch. I've been around here long enough and you undoubtably have too to know the general consensus is bodywork over mechanics as the latter is often easier and cheaper to fix/DIY.

I was mainly thinking about that raven for £6k last year, and a black one with a custom leather interior that I almost bought for a little under £5k from an independant on eBay in January, a couple photos here but he sent me a video and it was in great shape with a recent cambelt change. There was also an absolutely mint black one with probably a grand and a half worth of spare parts that was up for £10,000 or there abouts on Autotrader last year but vanished, it then came back at a reduced price of £8k this year and dissapeared pretty sharpish.

No doubt the market is only going one way with the GTI and How Many Left estimates only 514 are still on the road, gone are the days of having a bit of choice at £3.5k for a six speed with mileage in the 80s/90s. I keep an eye out as if a minter comes along at the right price with the right spec I'd swap my current GTI for it, particularly as it no longer has to function as my daily so could be kept mint.

• Like 1

I am also always on the lookout for a minter, but this time it has to be in order of preference Laser, Anthracite then Raven. It would have to be an amazing car stock car for me to go north of £7K 😀

• 6 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 4:10 PM, Grumpy said:

I am also always on the lookout for a minter, but this time it has to be in order of preference Laser, Anthracite then Raven. It would have to be an amazing car stock car for me to go north of £7K 😀

Iv got one a raven blue coming forsale soon