E5 & E10 Petrol

Lupocrazychick

Thats just the 6N Polo Gti isn't it?

But back to original subject, about fuel compatibility... The FSI will handle Ethanol with no problem at all from looking at the engineering. 

All the components are stainless and the internals are the same as the newer engines which also officially can handle E. So I'd love to know the reason they say it can't burn it. The only component I can think of are the bearings inside the leccy fuel pump, which I'm guessing are regular steel. But the same fuel pumps are common to many VAG cars, so what do I know...?

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2021 at 12:40 AM, mk2 said:

As far as I know, no FSI engine was ever used on a Lupo. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The most sophisticated engine ever used on a Lupo is the 1.4 TDI (sorry Gti people). The FSI system (high voltage, high pressure, multiple squirts of fuel per downstroke, direct into the combustion chamber) started in other premium models. Fuel stratified injection.

The Lupo FSI was the petrol equivalent of the 3L. Only made in LHD, it was never sold in the UK. It was a 5L/100km with automated gearbox (different ratios to those in the 3L) and was only sold in Germany and Austria. It was the first VW FSI and its' unsuspecting owners were probably taking part in the' development of FSI technology. Looks similar to a 3L but for some reason, didn't have a magnesium steering wheel! A collectors piece, even more so than a 3L!

RAB