Long term Lupo Owners

steve200

How many of you have owned your Lupo over 10 years now, and still have no plans to sell it?

Ive owned my Raven Blue GTI for 13 years this year.  Rarely gets used due to being on the small side for the family 😂 but can’t bring myself to sell it.

It goes for its MOT every year and I service it myself and then tucked away in a carpeted garage.  Think it’s only seen rain 3 or 4 times in my ownership, I know that’s a bit of a waste and it’s made to be driven etc.   I will try my best to get some driving time in this summer (hopefully)

Edited by steve200
  • Like 1

I've owned three Lupos for a combined total of 131k miles and around 10 years of Lupo involvement.

I shouldn't have sold my SDI but there we go.

28 minutes ago, Skezza said:

I've owned three Lupos for a combined total of 131k miles and around 10 years of Lupo involvement.

I shouldn't have sold my SDI but there we go.

I think that’s one of the main reasons for me not selling mine. I think I would end up regretting it. Then end up buying again 

Edited by steve200

About 10 years, but by accident really as my son asked me to look for one for him, bought a 1 litre in red, then another in black, then a 1.4 16v, then a Sport, all ok but didn't impress that much until I tried a TDI, also bought a SDI, slow, pish poor compared to the TDI. Only car I haven't had is a GTI, my Arosa TDI is a keeper though, 175,000 miles, mapped, black roof, black headlining, sport seats, lowered but not ridiculous, 60 mpg, £30 tax, what's not to love, cheaper than shoe leather

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I learnt to drive a bit late and have had a GTI ever since ~ 8 years, albeit I'm on the second one as the first was taken out by a bus. It was MOT day today and just needed a CV joint boot, generally they've both been trouble free driving although I've had to replace 2/2 alternators! Now on a smidge over 102,000 miles meaning I did barely 2000 since the last MOT and to be honest I'm quite happy to keep the mileage down.

I intend to always have one and it puts a smile on my face every time I have a chance to put my foot down 😁

On 4/17/2021 at 3:02 AM, mickster said:

I learnt to drive a bit late and have had a GTI ever since ~ 8 years, albeit I'm on the second one as the first was taken out by a bus. It was MOT day today and just needed a CV joint boot, generally they've both been trouble free driving although I've had to replace 2/2 alternators! Now on a smidge over 102,000 miles meaning I did barely 2000 since the last MOT and to be honest I'm quite happy to keep the mileage down.

I intend to always have one and it puts a smile on my face every time I have a chance to put my foot down 😁

I’ve had just the 1 alternator refurbed but mine is not covering much mileage. Just under 42k now. 😀

FBB075A6-7D2E-49FE-8E61-90269AAF9DCB.jpeg

On 4/23/2021 at 12:08 PM, steve200 said:

I’ve had just the 1 alternator refurbed but mine is not covering much mileage. Just under 42k now. 😀

FBB075A6-7D2E-49FE-8E61-90269AAF9DCB.jpeg

Looks like you took the scenic route for MOT in 2017

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...