Nice to meet you. I bought a toy car,2005 model GIT second hand in Japan.

masatoshijapan

I got a 70,000km aluminum door model Lupo GTI.
The Lupo had a fault error in the ECU, and a leak from the rear spoiler caused water to collect in the battery pan in the boot room.
I used VCDS to clear the error, charge the battery, change the oil, adjust the air pressure and test drive.
The drive shaft boots broke, grease splattered, and the engine check lamp turned on again.
I identified all the faulty parts of the car and ordered the parts.

Edited by masatoshijapan
  • Like 3

Many of the Lupo GTI models sold in Nippon get re-exported to Britain as we are like you right hand drive and almost all are in very good condition. Your car sounds as if it has been used properly. Good to know you are looking after it.

I heard that there is a rule or law in Japan where cars older than 10 have be taken off the road, unless you pay some huge tax or something? Is this true... how does it work over there?

Thanks guys.
I'm not good at English, so I rely on Google Translate for posting.
Since my Lupo is a 2005 model, I have to pay a tax of £ 300 a year in Japan and an additional tax to register for inspection every two years.
In Japan, recent eco-cars are being tax-reduced preferentially, so older cars with a lot of exhaust gas are being tax-increased to make up for the shortfall. ..

• 1 month later...

Our Lupo was imported from Japan. I am envious of you having parts available locally. We do not. I have been getting parts from Europe and am looking to get a new windscreen in the near future. Not sure how that will go. We have also been unable to get a second key for our Lupo. We were told that it would have to be ordered through the dealer the car was bought at originally. Does this make sense to you?

• 4 weeks later...

There are plans for the Olympic Games in Japan, but COVID-19 is still highly infectious. I would like to get a vaccine shot but have not received the information yet, so I cannot personally say "come to Japan with peace of mind" as I am quite far from getting the vaccine.
By the way, my Lupo is equipped with coilovers, but now that I am acclimated to them, the ride height has dropped. Yesterday, I washed my Lupo and adjusted the ride height.
I wish all the members of Club Lupo good health.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

053.JPG

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 9:02 PM, oprn said:

Our Lupo was imported from Japan. I am envious of you having parts available locally. We do not. I have been getting parts from Europe and am looking to get a new windscreen in the near future. Not sure how that will go. We have also been unable to get a second key for our Lupo. We were told that it would have to be ordered through the dealer the car was bought at originally. Does this make sense to you?

The supply of genuine parts is becoming more and more difficult in Japan. Fortunately, I can find cross-reference parts on ebay, and half of the parts are personal imports from Europe.
As for the second key I am thinking of getting a blank key and see if I can register it in the car. Second keys are expensive in Japan. And to buy one requires a car inspection certificate, ID card, a lot of money and time.So I plan to try to register a combination of a used remote control key and a blank key as a DIY project.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

On 3/20/2021 at 6:19 AM, masatoshijapan said:

I got a 70,000km aluminum door model Lupo GTI.
The Lupo had a fault error in the ECU, and a leak from the rear spoiler caused water to collect in the battery pan in the boot room.
I used VCDS to clear the error, charge the battery, change the oil, adjust the air pressure and test drive.
The drive shaft boots broke, grease splattered, and the engine check lamp turned on again.
I identified all the faulty parts of the car and ordered the parts.

Hi my car spent 15 years in Japan have you seen a sticker like this before,can you tell me it says?

810CFB80-7123-4DF6-B238-19A8E40774E7.jpeg