Immobilizer help

Klawza

Hi all, I've got a 1.4s that started life with a BBY engine. I bought the car with an AUB lump and all supporting parts to convert to 100hp. Unfortunately though I never got the immobilizer box for the AUB lump, I've sent the AUB ECU off to have the immobilizer removed. I have been advised that the car should start when the AUB ECU is returned to myself, but I may need to remove the BBY Immo box from my car and join 2 wires together to get Comms? Is anybody able to point me in the right direction as to which wires this will be. If anyone could PM me a reply that'd be great.

Edited by Klawza

8 hours ago, Skezza said:

Just try without connecting the two wires first 

That's the plan mate. I'm fairly confident it'll start without removing the immo box it's just I'd rather be able to communicate with the engine for fault codes etc. Im also hearing that comms supply my coolant temp, speed and revs but I'm not too sure how much truth there is to this, don't suppose you do?

1 hour ago, Skezza said:

What comms are you expecting to lose?

I wasn't really expecting to lose any, the company I've sent my ecu off to to disable the immobilizer has advised I will need to join 2 wires or lose comms via OBD. I'm presuming this is fault codes etc. 

8 hours ago, Klawza said:

I wasn't really expecting to lose any, the company I've sent my ecu off to to disable the immobilizer has advised I will need to join 2 wires or lose comms via OBD. I'm presuming this is fault codes etc. 

Not convinced.