help!! Clutch pedal return spring...

Lupo_Gti_Kor

Recently, I removed the pedal to change the clutch master cylinder, but it was smashed to see if the clutch pedal return spring was worn out.

So I found a similar shape on eBay and ordered it.The length is different, so it doesn't fit at all. I can't find the parts.Where can I get a shorter spring? I don't think Lupo has good maintenance.

I have to wait two weeks if I order here in Korea, but I haven't been able to drive for four weeks already.

IMG_3732.thumb.JPG.2ed5c87a752c3c0aeb908f0147e0400e.JPGleft is new one, right is broken old one...

Has the plastic part come unclipped from the metal base? - Seem to recall a similar problem when I was having my clutch saga.

With cable ties you can crush the spring down small enough to clip the plastic back in and re-assemble:

XAJdPo.jpg

Once its back in place behind the pedal - cut the cable ties off

4 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Has the plastic part come unclipped from the metal base? - Seem to recall a similar problem when I was having my clutch saga.

With cable ties you can crush the spring down small enough to clip the plastic back in and re-assemble:

XAJdPo.jpg

Once its back in place behind the pedal - cut the cable ties off

Thanks mate. I also used a cable tie to compress it. But, the new one is longer than the previous one, so it's too long to compress it. I think I need to buy a new suitable part, where can I get it?

3 minutes ago, LR5V said:

unless I am missing something  - the old spring looks ok just assemble the old stuff

As I removed the clutch pedal, the existing parts broke like exploding. Even if I combine the new parts, the compressed length is too long to fit through the pedals. Does anyone know where I can buy the exact parts?

Picture when the spring is expanded.

The pedal is pressed down.

When returning the pedal actually compresses the spring.

Maybe it's a damper for the way in which it shoots back?

It wouldn't stop me driving it and I'd look towards Lupo TDI polo 6n2 TDI for a replacement.

Like Orlando says, you have enough bits to rebuild something functional with what you have.

43 minutes ago, Rich said:

Picture when the spring is expanded.

The pedal is pressed down.

When returning the pedal actually compresses the spring.

Maybe it's a damper for the way in which it shoots back?

It wouldn't stop me driving it and I'd look towards Lupo TDI polo 6n2 TDI for a replacement.

Like Orlando says, you have enough bits to rebuild something functional with what you have.

Thanks for your helps. but,

As I said above, this is the combination of the old and the new. The old parts can't be used because the plastic broke while removing the pedal. The plastic length of the newly purchased part is longer even though it has been compressed enough with a cable tie. No matter how long I try to put the spring in the pedal box, it's not working because it's long.

Again, please let me know if you know the right item number or place of purchase. There is no answer but to exchange this for a new one. help ㅠㅠ

*pic: white plastic part and spring is old one and I combined the black part below into a new part and it's long.

41F435D0-68F0-42EA-88EB-2AE703A349BC.jpeg

F51B6B5D-A865-4CE7-8DFA-4786A38D5272.jpeg

Different to my SDI, but are we talking the clutch release bearing, slack take up spring? To stop the release bearing bouncing around on the clutch pressure springs?