Tow bar for my TDI

matteee

• 4 months later...

I'm breaking it as there is too much to do to get it thru an mot and I've got a new job and no longer have as much spare time.

It's also 1 of 4 lupo's I own and it's got parts that where in better nick than mine (headlights,front downpipe and cat etc).

But basically as it sits it owes me £600. And it needs welding on one of the sills. And it needs the back half of the exhaust, leaks oil a lot, water pump is leaking coolant a lot, needs a front wishbone, rear brake lines, Nsf brake hose was nearly chafed thru, 3 of 4 of the exhaust downpipe studs where snapped and it was held on by vice grips.

It also had no reverse lights and no radio ( I'd fixed the wiring and got the radio working but don't have a spare radio for it and the speakers are blown). I had already fitted new front tyre's, new Nsf wheel hub and bearing, new Nsf ball joint, used airbag module, used indicator stalk to fix the wipers. Before deciding it needed to much work. 

Can I have the vice grips back?

If you send me a number Danno will pay you for them and the inconvenience.

Lazy ****er was always meant to take them off and give them back.

I also suspect the coolant is a hole in the block somewhere.

Yeah you can have them back if you want.

Just let me know how/where you want them sent.

Yeah it's coming from behind the timing belt cover so i hoped it was the water pump. 

I'll send you a pm.

One of the previous came as he needed that switch wire sorting after he pulled it out....

I saw the leak and he had filled it full of steel seal and also had a belt/pump done but that didn't stop it.

I decided to keep away at that point as I decided on the hole in block theory.