Thinking of selling

Jason 74

Evening all,

Had my Lupo gti now for a year just toying with the idea of selling it. 2001 Y reg 73k. Age related marks on body work but very tidy for its age. Interior in really good condition. Refurbished bathurst wheels & repainted callipers. Spent over 1k at main VW dealer soon after I got it. Just wondering what my Lupo would be worth & if any interest out there.

Could do with a bit more info before suggesting a value. I am guessing its a 6 speed. Can see its got a sunroof, any other factory options. How many owners and what is the service history like. When and at what mileage was the cam belt, tensioners and water pump last changed. Two keys and manuals etc present?

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

Could do with a bit more info before suggesting a value. I am guessing its a 6 speed. Can see its got a sunroof, any other factory options. How many owners and what is the service history like. When and at what mileage was the cam belt, tensioners and water pump last changed. Two keys and manuals etc present?

Y reg I'd say a 5 speed

Its a 5 speed, standard,totally unmodified. Good history & lots of paperwork. It seems whatever this car needed it had. I think I'm 4th or 5th owner, will have to check as not near paperwork. Cambelt was replaced by previous owner just before I bought it. I have one normal key as remote broke shortly after I got it. It spends it life tucked up in my garage & comes out when the weather is nice ( but I start it up weekly) Its sorn at the moment but will probably come out in the summer if I keep it.

Compare this to a Mini Cooper of the same age, and it seems a lot of money, actually on a par with JCW Cooper S. To me that's barking mad as the Supercharged BMW Mini with a z axle rear suspension is an infinitely better car. Lupo's and Arosa's were supposed to be cheap cars, to buy and run. 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:59 AM, Jason 74 said:

Hi im in Banbury, Oxfordshire & Im looking for 4k.

Thanks

Cheers Jason, certainly looks tidy, Sod’s law your miles away, awaiting a couple of replies on others but it’s on my list 

10 hours ago, JCZ876 said:

Cheers Jason, certainly looks tidy, Sod’s law your miles away, awaiting a couple of replies on others but it’s on my list 

No worries. Just let me know if you want to know anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Just an update on my Lupo. Im open to offers as I could do with freeing up some cash for another project. The MOT has expired but its only done around 500 miles since the last one & had a major service last May. The only thing that I'm aware isn't working is the passenger side wiper. Anyone interested just give me a shout. Cheers.