Lupo rocker cover replacement

Hi. I’ve just picked up a 1.4 16v as a daily driver. She was running a little rough so I’ve got a service kit for her but, when I removed the HT leads, the plugs either end of the block we’re almost submerged in oil.

I’m assuming that the rocker covers gone but just checking that there’s no other known causes? 
I take it that it’s a straightforward job to do, no randomly hidden fixings? 

Cheers!

027F67A4-CA3D-42AF-A02F-AC7BDA27F216.jpeg

Welcome

Judging by oil colour - if it was clean oil it could be spilt oil from filling - the sealant around the spark plug tube has failed

I am afraid it is not a case of just whipping the cover off. The rocker cover is a cam box, this houses the cams, to remove this you need to take the cam belt off. you will need to lock the cams in place - tools is widespread on ebay or just use drill bits.

Once off it should just be RTV sealant that needs to be replaced in the Yellow areas below:

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/golf-mk4/images/golf-mk4-9642.png

Any service history with yours? I would be tempted to change the timing belts / tensioner at the same time, you are a good chunk of the way there with this job.