Gti rear spoiler light

Jnathan

I haven't bought an OEM one for a couple of years but it was only about £50 new. I would be wary of a used one due to the known issues with water ingress to the spoiler/brake light. Keep us posted on the work on your Anthracite GTI 🙂

15 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I haven't bought an OEM one for a couple of years but it was only about £50 new. I would be wary of a used one due to the known issues with water ingress to the spoiler/brake light. Keep us posted on the work on your Anthracite GTI 🙂

Cheers grumpy, i will do. Do you know where you managed to get one from ? 

TPS have none in stock anywhere and mentioned that they stopped making them in october last year

Someone mentioned that they put that price to keep the listing on ebay when they have no stock but i dont see the logic in that.. tried german vw dealers and thwy also dont have any.. this is going to take a while i think wanted to keep it original. Where do you stand with smoothing the spoiler, is that an mot issue ? That might be a last resort i guess

I have a spare of these new in box but wasn't really looking to sell it as no doubt I will need another in the distant future. That said I can't sit back and allow the spoiler to be smoothed over.  

What would you consider a reasonable price to pay? 

15 minutes ago, mickster said:

I have a spare of these new in box but wasn't really looking to sell it as no doubt I will need another in the distant future. That said I can't sit back and allow the spoiler to be smoothed over.  

What would you consider a reasonable price to pay? 

Wow that would be incredibly generous of you if you were to consider that. A brand new one sold for around 150 on ebay in december. I would be willing to listen to what you want for it. Being totally honest i dont have any other options at the moment and am exhausting all avenues so this would be a real lifesaver. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 8:40 AM, Jnathan said:

I have also been looking for a high level brake light and trim and came across this, and was flabbergasted by the price haha.  And now can not find one for love nor money. 😪

I understand why they have done this.

eBay is **** in the respect that it saves nothing and it's easier to simply have a listing that won't sell than to type the whole lovely person thing out again.

Also, just for the record, I too could do with a high level brake light but I just don't think I'm going to do it and I will probably think up some way around it.

I managed to do a deal with a nice guy from this forum and bagged myself a better condition spoiler and an uncracked light that works.. question is how am i going to seal it and try to make it water tight going forward.

Edited by Jnathan

18 hours ago, Jnathan said:

I managed to do a deal with a nice guy from this forum and bagged myself a better condition spoiler and an uncracked light that works.. question is how am i going to seal it and try to make it water tight going forward.

That's the million dollar question. All 3 of my GTI's had bubbling paint on the spoiler when I bought them. Each time I had them professionally resprayed and fitted a new brakelight. I tried various ways of sealing both the spoiler where it joins the tailgate as well as the brakelight unit into the spoiler, however, no joy! 

Hi 

I have managed to get a 6 OEM VW Lupo GTI high Level break lights from Europe, I will list them on eBay but thought I would post here.

I am probably going to keep 2 possibly.

I am looking for £200 including PayPal Fee ( to cover you , NOT Friends and Family ), all lights will be sent signed for delivery. I can always send a link to eBay but the price will be more. I am more than 1000+ and 100% feedback on eBay since 2003.

Quite happy to video or show you all 6 if you are in doubt.

Part Numbers:

6E0945097B

6E 094 50 97 B

IMG_7435.JPG

IMG_7434.JPG

Edited by dubvdub

Same for Woxparts @LR5V  you really need to do your homework.

you have 2 choices.

1, buy one, 

2, Jog on and stop being an internet warrior.

You can keep posting links to pages on the internet all day long but they are just the same as others, they say they have them, but they are just proxy shop to VAG parts. They are no longer available.

Whats the issue of making money and who are you to judge?  Why do think rare things on eBay fetch good money or do you message them and tell them their item is too expensive and new to ebay. 

• 10 months later...