Sell or not to sell.......

Lupocrazychick

Now I am not saying anyone would want to buy my Lupo. It is 2002 plate, automatic in very good condition indeed.

I am now in a position to buy a new car. However loath to get rid of my Lupo. Only 50k on the clock.

The garage I go to for all its work are now saying they only fit new parts. Apart from changing garages what should I do?

Buy a new car (Hyundi)

Find someone who wants to buy mine?

Scrap it? 

Thanks for all your help.

Well a week ago the garage told me I wouldn't get it through the MOT for something that cost about 50p!

So took it to two chaps who do bodywork, they found a second hand part and fitted it. All was well. However now die for MOT and Service in a few weeks. I am worried the same thing will happen again but with a different part.

What was wrong? Sounds like they simply don't want your business anymore... I've had that with a local dealer. I took a  mint 1980 mk1 golf GTi (worth more than a brand new golf) in for a major service (just to see how they'd react), and they told me to go away... They don't work on cars older than 10 years!

• Like 1

Just had a thought- make sure you have your auto box serviced. Everyone forgets to do it. They need love and attention too- clean both magnets, change fluid filter, change final drive oil and change fluid (just like in an engine). It'll keep going for years then :). Lupos are becoming quite desirable for some reason I haven't quite figured out.

Pics of car please!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Just had a thought- make sure you have your auto box serviced. Everyone forgets to do it. They need love and attention too- clean both magnets, change fluid filter, change final drive oil and change fluid (just like in an engine). It'll keep going for years then :). Lupos are becoming quite desirable for some reason I haven't quite figured out.

Pics of car please!

It's because they're getting rare and old but don't rot, I reckon. Sadly ours  (a Sport) got written about 18 months ago, but it drove like new and still looked smart pre-accident.