Lupo fuse relay

Lupo_dean

Hi guys i need help, I have a problem with my indicators and hazard warning lights they don’t work, I’ve changed the fuse for indicators and even the hazard warning light relay, and the stalks because i thought it might of been all them or even one of them issues but I’ve been told it is a fuse relay but i don’t know where it is located, could someone help me or show me a diagram of the fuse relay location thank you in advance guys.

If you've checked all the fuses, my guess is that it might be a main power relay, controlled by ignition on. Relays are kniwn to fail in Lupos as is the ignition switch. Does everything else work ok?

oh, and welcome to club lupo! :)

Got to see pic of a "very lupo"....?

Hi there thanks for the response back, yes everything works the headlights all power brake lights everything other then the hazards and indicators that’s what I’m a bit confused about because everything was working fine then the next day went to pull off but the indicators or hazards wasn’t working so tried everything and then asked someone and they said try all the things I changed and it still wasn’t so then I got told about the fuse relay it could be so here I am asking for help as I have no clue what’s wrong, and thank you I’m happy to be a member 😊

If all fuses are ok, then my guess is that maybe a connector has fallen off or might be loose.

Ah, just had a thought- you know when the ignition is off and you activate the indicators, it turns on one sidelight side for parking- does that work? I wonder if there's something weird going inside the main light switch. They are also known to cause problems occasionally. You could try unplugging the main light switch (from off, push the switch in while turning it on- then while pushed in and it's mid position, pull and wiggle the whole unit straight out). Takes 2 secs.

I'm trying to remember how the ignition on switchover works on the Lupo. Anyone else @Skezza or @battlebus or @danno???

Edited by mk2

I could try that like everything works like even the side lights main lights and the ignition and even the wipers work, and I don’t know because on my key it’s just a plain black one like you see on the golfs ect like they have a fob I don’t do have to use it just by the door so not really sure about cereal locking but it does do some noise like when it locks so I’m assuming itis central locking but I can try and see if that all works fingers crossed thanks for all the help so far and the advice 

When you changed the stalks, did you plug in that thin black 7 way connector? See relevant pic...

https://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/63534-mending-cleaning-lupo-indicator-stalk-lever/

You can try and bypass all the indicator light controls, by supplying power to the two wires that go off to each side indicator group, just like the remote entry lights flasher circuit. That would help isolate if the supply circuit, control switches or output circuit is the problem. See relevant pic again... :) 

https://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/95538-how-to-fitting-aftermarket-remote-central-locking-step-by-step-photos/

I know one of us knows the answer as I remember reading a very similar problem in the last 4 or 5 years... turned out to be the hazard switch affecting something else I think??? Serious Lupo experts...

@Skajme ?

@Silver! ?

@weslangdon ?

@Blue Loop ?

@CLAYTONJONES ?

@Sausage ?

@lupo1.0se ?

@LR5V ?

+ loads more! What a huge amount of knowledge on this forum...

Thanks guys but I’ve changed the hazard switch relay in the dash both stalks and changed the fuse under dash board but still nothing everything works side lights main lights brake lights just no indicators or hazard warning lights just nothing so it’s times like this I could be using the car just to get out but ain’t gonna risk the pull over for no indicators.

I would replace the stalk again. And probably try a second hazard switch.

The wiring in Lupos really aren't that complicated. You could easily prove this off by taking the cowelling off and testing the wiring from the stalks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, mk2 said:

I know one of us knows the answer as I remember reading a very similar problem in the last 4 or 5 years... turned out to be the hazard switch affecting something else I think??? Serious Lupo experts...

@Skajme ?

@Silver! ?

@weslangdon ?

@Blue Loop ?

@CLAYTONJONES ?

@Sausage ?

@lupo1.0se ?

@LR5V ?

+ loads more! What a huge amount of knowledge on this forum...

Not had this issue so i cannot advise. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...