We just bought a Lupo

bunglebus

Hi! We've just bought a Lupo, I'm a long term VW owner and always liked the Lupo, so we've tracked one down for my partner to drive. She hasn't passed her test yet due to several being cancelled due to Covid, but shouldn't be long now hopefully.

It seems to have been well looked after in the past but was a bit grubby, when cleaning the windows I noticed the ghost of an old Club Lupo sticker, which is how I found my way here! Is the previous owner still on here?

50794843668_1ad78f8eeb_4k.jpg20210103_135230 by Rich Secker, on Flickr

It passed its MoT with no advisories this morning after not having one since summer '19, only cleaned it and changed the oil so far but I've ordered air/fuel/pollen filters, plugs and a cambelt kit to keep it running nicely, a set of wipers as well as door check straps as they're doing that awful clunking.

Edited by bunglebus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did the door straps on our Lupo 1.4S. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 10 mins each side after watching a rather nice young lady on Youtube showing me how to do it. Fortunately, my nails are not quite so long or painted...

Screwdriver, 10mm long socket, Coppaslip, and we were done.

On 03/02/2021 at 4:54 PM, scotty2 said:

Just did the door straps on our Lupo 1.4S. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 10 mins each side after watching a rather nice young lady on Youtube showing me how to do it. Fortunately, my nails are not quite so long or painted...

Screwdriver, 10mm long socket, Coppaslip, and we were done.

She can't be that young as her first YouTube upload with that loop is 13 years old! 

I have this job to do and bought some ebay replacements - did you use genuine parts and if not have you found the quality alright? Some terrible reviews on ebay! 

I just used Bay of E ones. Too early to say if it was wise, but for £12, it was worth a try.

If she is 13 years older, then she may be getting nearer my age so I won't be seen as an old perv. 

Just a perv!