Resources for repairs

cocodemer75

Hi.

I've inherited my second Lupo,  a 1litre MOT fail, which is needing a few repairs, notably a new sub frame and wishbones.

I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to what's what underneath the car, so am looking for a good source of help before I get started on the work. 

In the past I've used Haynes and other workshop manuals for other cars ive worked on. I'm struggling to find similar for the Lupo.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any resources that will help guide me? Sorry for the total noobie question, there may well be stuff on the forum here, but also struggling to find it.

Thanks in advance.

Col

• 2 years later...

Second the recommendation for the Haynes Polo Mk3/6N(x) manuals. Mechanically a lot is very similar and the parts were shared across the two cars. 4150 (Blue cover) or 3500 (Red cover) depending on your engine. 

There's a German equivalent of Haynes specific to the Lupo called "So wird's gemacht" (~="That's how it's done") which has great diagrams similar to what you get in ELSA, also good for torque settings. No English translation though. 

EKTA catalogue online also really had for parts No.s and diagrams: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/

Then there's ELSAwin which you can still get online for fairly cheap but finding I use that less and less. 

And of course, the How To section on this site! :)