Mystery button and broken seatback release

R G Claughton

I've recently bought a well-specced Lupo, but despite it having its original handbooks, I can't find any reference to a small button below the rear bench seat. It has an outline of a car with concentric semi-circles inside it (like the signal strength on a computer/mobile). When pressed a red dot lights up for about a minute. Can anyone shed light on this, please? And if I'm allowed a two-for-the-price-of-one can anyone advise whether a front seat release handle that's snapped off just inside its plastic casing can be readily repaired/replaced, and if the latter can anyone suggest where I might start searching to source a replacement? Thanks in advance - I've been on various marques' forums such as this throughout my long life, and I know they're full of immensely knowledgeable, usually helpful, (sometimes scathingly sarcastic) members!

How exciting! Not come across such a button before. Perhaps a 007 feature? Pic please! Some Polos have something similar mounted on the floor of the B pillar, as a deactivate automatic relocking (if the door hasn't been opened, to stop people getting deadlocked inside the car).

Yeah the seat back release thing simply pulls straight off. Easy to replace, witha bit of glue or something first. Lots in breakers yards for a couple of quid.

Welcome to Club Lupo :)

Pics of car please!

Don't forget to service that Auto box- they need both fluids and filter changing every 20k miles, but everyone forgets to do it.