Lupo sdi, what's it worth?

Ian Daly

Hi all

So the permenant move to France has happened, Coldplay is now no longer needed. 2000 1.7 sdi roughly 130k pretty rough state but minimal an only superficial rust on roof only, clutch needs renewal and I reckon she needs timing belt. I'm only the 2nd owner, unfortunately she ain't the £30 tax kinda girl 😕. Thoughts, questions, interest?

Situated in Kingston upon Thames. I'll post some photos later. 

Ian

Mmm. So it's a cheap knackered runabout for some unsuspecting student or new driver. Maybe £300? Worth a lot more in bits. Good ones still get about £1k. Do it up a bit, sort the clutch and you could get £800. They are known for reliability and amazing economy. 

£500 if you're lucky (with a 12 month MOT)?

Cheers mk2, hoped you'd give your thoughts, unfortunately I haven't time to work on it have shedloads of things to get done before we return to France next Wednesday, I will (assuming I can) get it mot'd🤔, but clutch is a bit too big a job with the resources I have left here 😕... Ta

Ian

So I done the calculations and with the help of tier4 ism, I reckon (due to my circumstances) I'd clear £300 ish on doing Coldplay up, frankly not worth my while. I haven't the time to sell her 'normally' so if anyone here can can come and get her before Wednesday. £150 mot is due 08/01/21 she is taxed to 31/12/20 though that's immaterial, she starts and runs well, clutch is heavy, that said Jools says it's not a problem (all 8.5 stone of her), any interest/question ring me 07941879598 

Ebay? Gumtree? Just to get rid of quick... unless you know someone who could store her for you for those visits back to blighty by plane. Someone near LHR.

Try and get an MOT. They don't check the clutch. Turn up wearing workshop overalls... it will always pass :)

Edited by mk2

I ought to point out that there's probably nothing really wrong with the clutch, Jools manages, all 8.5 stone of her, it's just that I've got used to the easy to drive Passat. Assuming she passes the mot in the morning the price will rise to £350..just taken these, the tape is a bit OTT, just to stop the broken valance flapping, anyway I've got some yellow tape now 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_20201220_153830.jpg

IMG_20201220_153847.jpg

IMG_20201220_153906.jpg

IMG_20201220_153918.jpg

IMG_20201220_153939.jpg

IMG_20201220_153951.jpg

• Like 1