Helen

Helen Levy

I've had my lupo from new.  serviced and MOT always with VW South Hereford garages. 

Y261JVJ   2001 sdi green. Immobiliser/ central locking

Annual tax £30

MOT till 31st Jan 2021. 

All invoice history with car.

171k.

In the last 18 months: new cam belt, clutch, battery, pedal box

I've looked after it. I've loved it. I'm in my mid 70's. Sad to see it go.

£600.00 

Could there be someone who would love it like I have? 

Accept that I will cry when it leaves me. It's been my joy.

Happy to send photos but will have to learn how to do it. I'm not good with I.T.

Edited by Helen Levy
  • Sad 1

Hi Helen, if you’re using a mobile you can sometime upload a photo straight into the forum as long as it’s not over a certain size. 
Interested in seeing your little Lupo, I’ve got 2 so not interested in buying it but it’s nice to hear that you’ve had it from new, you must be sad to be getting rid. All the best with your sale.

If you're using a phone, take a few clear pics of the car. Then reply to one of your messages here and click on "add files". Wait a moment then a menu or list of possible folders on your phone should pop up. Select the location with the Lupo pics in and then select the pics you'd like everyone to see.

If you have a private message come through, the little envelope symbol will 'light up' with the number of new messages shown. Just click on that. You do need to log in to this web site first though (or just stay logged in).

Works in a similar way on a PC or Mac (or ipad). 

Sounds like you'll miss the car. It's VERY rare for someone to have owned a car this long from brand new. Anyone buying it will know that it's probably been very well maintained.

I'd love to see a list of all the work you've had done to it since new to see if I've missed anything on mine. I have enough Lupos (actually the exact same as your car), so won't be buying, but I wish you the very best.

You'll be able to keep track of the car after you've sold it by checking the MOT and road tax web site (google- is my car taxed). :)

Oh, Helen, you may want to delete your personal email address or the whole world will have it to harrass you or try and scam you. Click on the three ... to the top right of the message and select edit to be able to change or delete it.

Edited by mk2

One already knows the expected over 20 years. (Timing belt, battery, tracking, tyres etc.)

Then there are the fair wear and tare through its life (not in order, just from memory).

Done over 20 years of its life:

Alternator, front springs, bushes, front break pipes, gearbox mount, parts of the exaust, front wheel bearings, pedal box, welding needed to passenger sill, new window regulators I think which was last year.

(new clutch fitted but the issue turned out to be a split in the pedal box, not the clutch!  Got a refund on the clutch though).

Unlucky events: !!

Lost key, boot lock stuck, wipers refusing to turn off! 

Not bad over 20 years. My impression is that VW parts last. Never the same work twice in its life. I've always felt confinfident enough not to hold breakdown cover)

I learned how to get 70 miles to the gallon by changing my driving habits, which is more miles than when it stated llife. It goes from oil change to oilchange without needing a check. This is after 171,000 miles!  Low tax class and low insurance too.

Edited by Helen Levy
Added a bit more.

Laura.       I'm going to try to put photos today. 

I'm not in any rush to sell. It will be to who ever agrees to the price of £600.

Most recent costly replacements:

Tming belt ( cam belt) 

Battery (deisel power)

Clutch

Pedal box

and November 2020 service.

Edited by Helen Levy
To take off my phone number

6 hours ago, Helen Levy said:

Laura. Please call me. 01600716321  Get back soon and I can take my number off. I'm going to try to put photos today. 

I'm not in any rush to sell. It will be to who ever agrees to the price of £600.

Most recent costly replacements:

Tming belt ( cam belt) 

Battery (deisel power)

Clutch

Pedal box

and November 2020 service.

HI, my husband has called and left a message with our phone number. Thanks! 

Very happy to tell you that my car has been SOLD. It is planned to be for a son's 17th Birthday. It's life will continue!

It is now in Newport but I will see it around because the lad's father works in my town.

The family have had many vw vehicles so they knew of the Lupo and by chance one of the family looked up ClubLupo. They tracked me down as I was on their doorstep so to speak.

I wasn't glad to see it go but very happy that it has found a deserving new home!

Thankyou to all of you, in ClubLupo, who bothered to post me advice over the last week, it was much appreciated.

• Like 4