Colour Concept Lupos

lupo1.0se

Ok. I thought i'd create this very handy table of all the known colour concepts (colour etc).

This list will be updated in due course if new information is found out about any car etc.

Colour Concept.png

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

Ok so known cars

Blue Centres

Y216OAN - Blue Sport - link to thread

Y584OAJ - Kams (interior not in the car anymore) - Sport - link to thread (interior was owned by Chris260)

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=30770

X757HKY - 1.4s - was a member on here. Link to thread below

one other 1.4s was for sale in scotland back in 2013 but lost track of that car (might of been on here at one point

Y171EDA - Sp3nny - 1.4tdi in black - bit of an odd ball one link to thread

LT53WCW Gti - The interior was retro fitted early in its life. It was on piston heads and here. Was for sale recently but with no interior. Orignal thread below (and pistonheads thread for more pics) (thanks to lupogtboy for clarifying)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1253875&i=40

Edited by lupo1.0se
gti corrected.

Green Centres

L4UPO - 1.4tdi - Press car. Orignal plate unknown. Also known as Blue 1.4td L4UPO (colour photoshopped on, as described in the press car thread) Link to press car thread.

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 5 months later...
On 4/30/2021 at 5:35 PM, Speedy42 said:

I'm hoping to buy the x376xjo. The seller claims it is the only one left, the other was a sdi which doesn't exist anymore, was the trim used in the 1.4s?

1.4s - Don't know. Probably a retrim job by a retrimmers.

SDI/Sport - Thats what i understand about the SDI that it does not exist (scrapped around 03/06/2022). It is listed here (there is link above).

Edited by lupo1.0se
update on yellow SDi

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, sammyc24 said:

The yellow SDI is now scrap as of today, I saved the whole interior & bootlid. It had been sat on someones driveway for a few years and was very rotten. 

thank you for the update. Shame i went that way due to the rarity of the car.

On 6/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, Rich said:

A wash would have shown things in a better light.

Shame it is dead.

Quite. What happened in the six years from being sold on here is beyond me. I just hope this thread makes people aware of these cars (in the same wa the press car thread has). To my knowledge it was only 1 of 2 with yellow interiors and one of possibly one in SDi form.

• 9 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I am the new owner of the above lupo X757 HKY

It's my first car and I had no idea how rare it was. 

It will be very well looked after and cared for 

Edited by Si22le
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Si22le said:

Hi, 

Good too hear. The reason generally why colour concepts for a lupo are rare is the option was around £2000 when new. Very few people took this up. A couple of the cars where Ex-Vw Press fleet. We don't have a exact number but the list is guide for known examples/interiors.

Edited by lupo1.0se

18 hours ago, Si22le said:

Hi, 

We're all here to help you keep this car going forever. Any unusual behaviour, sounds or rattles, just ask...

Welcome! :)

On 3/28/2023 at 7:29 PM, lupo1.0se said:

Good too hear. The reason generally why colour concepts for a lupo are rare is the option was around £2000 when new. Very few people took this up. A couple of the cars where Ex-Vw Press fleet. We don't have a exact number but the list is guide for known examples/interiors.

That's really interesting. I'd never heard of colour concept Lupos and neither had my dad until we found this one.

I'd always loved the look of lupo's. It's such ashame about the yellow on that was scrapped. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:15 AM, mk2 said:

We're all here to help you keep this car going forever. Any unusual behaviour, sounds or rattles, just ask...

Welcome! :)

Thank you so much. 

It's so appreciated. I'd love to keep this car going forever. 

As on now it had a stiff 2nd gear but will be able to look more into it when I pick the car up Saturday. 

It will also probably have a wheel change, just because I'm still learning and want to keep the current wheels looking as good as possible 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:17 AM, mk2 said:

Change the gearbox oil. Everyone forgets to do it. Gearboxes need some love too... :)

Thank you for the advice 😊 it doesn't appear as stiff anymore. It may have just need driving 😊

Hopefully will be able to get some pictures uploaded soon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...