Hiya to all

vwconvert

Recently bought my first vw after 10 or so years of looking down on them..Β 

And I have to say that even with a 1.4 lupo I now understand why people are so passionate with vw. Theres a quality that you cant find in other new small cars (one of my other cars was a w168 a-classe 1.4 and even that little merc seems somewhat less well built).

I m in the process of changing the door panel fabric to black and painting the trim to black.(its a red car).

Can anyone suggest something subtle other than audio ,steering wheel ,seats and wheel covers?

Already did a **** job with a wheel cover ( black with red stitching, I m turning everything in the interior in that fashion).

Β 

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the info already in the forum. Open to discussion πŸ˜ƒ

IMG_20201125_152135.jpg

Ah, you can keep everything "looking original", but hidden underneath can be bluetooth and remote locks with leccy window controls. Then you can add aftermarket dashcams, rain sensors and auto lighting sensors, all neatly tucked behind the inside mirror. And parking sensors? (But do you really need them in such a small car?)

Then if you have the budget, lowering or air suspension.

Anything else I've missed on new cars that are not just gimmicks, like touch screens...??? πŸ™„

But hey, we still have world class leading fuel economy πŸ‘πŸ»

• Like 1

you can put a few modern twists on the inside but still look original. Like better interior lighting and in the footwell. some more modern fabrics and maybe a new wheel?? other than that everything except the parking sensors are on my to do list😁😁😁😁

7 hours ago, Skajme said:

I've stuck a Pioneer double din with Android Auto in mine, modernises it quite well I think. Not much more you need!

I just stuck a cheapo blaupunkt ( to keep the german theme πŸ˜‚) with bluetooth for my phone. massive difference. when I gather some more money I ll put a couple of mac audio speaker too. original speakers are shot...