Stefans Lupo Gti

sj2112

Controversial to some people, but I added the red piping around the grille.. 

DSC-1729.jpg

DSC-1726.jpg

Gave it a clean whilst the grille was out.. (exciting I know) 

DSC-1725.jpg

Edited by sj2112

• 3 weeks later...

That time of year again, insurance and tax due. Owned this just over a year now.

So insured with greenlight for a 2nd year, and taxed for 6 months, won't get used to much coming upto the winter.

Had the alignment sorted and today had new brake disc and pads front and rear as well as new fluid.

Much better

IMG-20211016-123007.jpg

IMG-20211016-093033.jpg

IMG-20211016-101207.jpg
long funny poems by roald dahl

Car does need a clean now having got caught in the rain.

Cheers 

Edited by sj2112

4 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

Be carful with all the ladders,looking good.Iv just renewed with Aidrian Flux £250 4000 miles value at 6k

Yeah the ladders are secure. I have a door to the back of the garage which i use when taking the car out.

Mine was £275 with 1byear no claim as all my no claims are on my van..some 14 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on getting 8k is the new owner young lad,someone who has had one before,collector? So you’re looking at a racing puma next what do you think about a integra type r? Keep us posted on what you get next,if you end up with another Lupo a few years down the line it’s got to be red then you have had the full set!

• Like 2

Just watch out if your car (any good condition Lupo TBH) is damaged or stolen. The insurance book value is really low now. Gtis are about £1300 and regular flavour about £600. 

To keep your car after a minor scuff or the slightest damage, to stop the insurer writing it off and taking it off your hands, you NEED 3 independent valuations that are no older than 6 months. This is true even for agreed value cover... as the insurer will try to find any way to avoid paying out the full amount. Some members on here have had nightmare situations they've been through.

I had someone scratch my car and went down the route of claiming through their insurance. Just a scratch. Really. They tried to write it off! They said the respray would cost more than half the value of the car. So I dropped the claim and simply asked the person who scratched my car to pay £150 towards the repair (which I resprayed myself in the end for £30 and a weekend of work). Mad.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, sj2112 said:

Cheers 

The guy was about 38/39 has a mk4 golf R32 always liked the lupos and wanted to sell his golf so this was the next best thing in his eyes.

Nice one on the sale, on to the next, that sounds like me, though not me! When I bought my R32, i was looking at Lupo GTI's at the same time, now i've sold the R32, I'll be looking at Lupo's again. I miss my old Sport, think the GTI would be the next level as the ex used to have a GTI at the same point as me, chalk and cheese.

I'll be back on here with an actual Lupo again..

1 hour ago, Mattymdm said:

8k for silver Gti. What made it worth so much?

Dont take it as an insult, I’m just wondering what mines now worth.

Bodywork was mint, had brand new tyres, brakes, kw's, recent service/mot/cambelt etc.

Low miles at 55k and zero rust. 

He viewed two before mine.