Lupo GTI alarm locking flashing lights still problems !

LexG

Hi all so I have Lupo gti Alarm problems...

Both doors lock interior light comes on, lights on buzzer works.

Boot lock works and the boot open light is not on, on the dash.

But when I lock the car remotely it doesn’t flash the hazards once. It used to.

If I press the key again they do flash once.

it flashes twice when unlocked 

Any ideas what I missed??

Thanks all x 

Just checked mine, locked flashes once and interior light goes out, unlocked flashes twice and interior light illuminates until ignition started or time elapsed. One press on the remote unlock symbol opens drivers door, second press in succession opens both doors and tailgate, single press of lock symbol locks everything and activates the interior anti theft (assuming its not turned off with the button in the rear footwell). This is how the manual describes it ......... it says the indicators flash but not how many times, however the Mk5 Golf does the same sequence.

The master door lock has multiple micro switches that all need to be working for the expected sequences to arm / disarm, from memory on the Mk5 indicator lights not coming on locking indicates that one or more of the locks is faulty and not completing the  expected sequence and needs checking, worn out solenoids in a lock does this.

Edited by kt_lou_gti

Yeah, I'll second that. Exactly what @kt_lou_gti says.  But the solenoids might still be working, even if the RKE doesn't operate them. I've rebuilt a vdub lock once (for a mk4, but they're all same), and there's a mechanical selector mech, a bit like a retracting biro. The switch which senses the position- deadlocked or plain locked is the one that causes weird behaviour. If the motor has failed, then the lock is completely dead and stuck in whatever mode it died in. The cause of failure in dead motors in all vdubs locks is the connection between commutator element and the rotor winding. A dab of solder fixes it.

On 10/30/2020 at 4:01 PM, kt_lou_gti said:

Just checked mine, locked flashes once and interior light goes out, unlocked flashes twice and interior light illuminates until ignition started or time elapsed. One press on the remote unlock symbol opens drivers door, second press in succession opens both doors and tailgate, single press of lock symbol locks everything and activates the interior anti theft (assuming its not turned off with the button in the rear footwell). This is how the manual describes it ......... it says the indicators flash but not how many times, however the Mk5 Golf does the same sequence.

The master door lock has multiple micro switches that all need to be working for the expected sequences to arm / disarm, from memory on the Mk5 indicator lights not coming on locking indicates that one or more of the locks is faulty and not completing the  expected sequence and needs checking, worn out solenoids in a lock does this.

The unlock operation depends on the coding. There is an option you can change with vcds so you can unlock all the locks with one press of the remote or like as you described. 

Im also betting on one of the door lock modules is faulty. I had same sort of issues with my mk4. It didn't flash when locking and randomly the passenger door didn't lock or unlock. 

Thanks for the info ....all locks work fine and I’ve replaced the passenger one and the boot .. I guess I should try to replace the drivers side even though that appears to work properly.

the alarm does arm, but as I say there’s no single hazard flash , but if I press the lock button a couple of times it does a very quick single hazard flash. 

so confusing, even some garages can’t work it out. I guess I’ll keep trying but it’s really starting to piss me off now 🤣