Another Window Switch Issue...

OK - seen loads of threads about window issues, but not seen an answer the problem I have got.

So, a real newbie to Lupo GTi ownership - less than a week in. The issue I have is to do with the switches on the driver's side. It does not make the passenger side go down at all. [This works perfectly from the passenger side switch) and the driver's window is very hit and miss...   ..sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At the moment, it doesn't!

Any ideas chaps?

Do you think its the switch itself of a more painful (and probably expensive) problem to sort?

All advice gratefully received.

Manic-Joker

Hi mate 

I've not long bought a lupo gti (is my 3rd now) my drivers side was tempermental. 

Replaced both switches on the drivers side panel and now both work fine. 

Got to take the door card off in order to replace them 👍 

44 minutes ago, MAN1C-J0KER said:

...did you buy an new switch from VW? If so, how much was it? Don't see much point in buying a second-hand unit if its a common fault.

I bought new bud. Think for both was £37 come from Germany. 

There is a thread on here somewhere that explains why they stop working and how to fix it. Basically they accumulate dirt and it's a rather fiddly job to take the switch apart and clean it. However, a new switch is £5 from Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MJBC3S2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The door cards don't need to come off. Just be careful when levering the switch panel out with a screwdriver...