Lupo GTi VW Stereo Upgrade RCD330G

Hi All,

Recently joined the LUPO family and bought a 2002 GT-6 Speed. I love it but its still got the the original Gamma radio cassette.

I have a VW RCD330G head unit sitting in the garage and was wondering whether these are a direct fit? Has anyone ever fitted one in a Lupo? Is it a plug and play or do I need to get adapters etc etc.

If it does not fit - can anybody recommend a straight forward VW stereo swap out that has CD or even better Bluetooth?

RCD330G VW.jpg

The best option to add any analogue signal to OEM radio is to solder it in place of AM frequence radio or cassette. Works very easy with 3,5mm plug, but not with bluetooth, because digital signal from bluetooth must be converted to analogue to use this technique.

I like an empty tray in bottom of radio, therefore I use single DIN radio with bluetooth, that matches interior lights colour and brightness.

Image for example:

3eec18s-960.jpg

Why would you solder to the board when you can buy a AUX in adaptor that plugs in the back of the radio off the shelf?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice chaps.

Any idea what VW  stereo units DO fit straight in that have a CD / CD changer? I can then add the Bluetooth module and I' m rockin' !!! 🤪

If you get the single-din vw cd player that sits underneath the standard radio, you can connect another input into the back of that and switch between the single cd and whatever is plugged in. When I first got my gti, I did this but had a VW 6-disc changer in the boot, so if you were to get either an aux in or a Bluetooth module that plugs into the radio where a cd player would plug in, you can have it all!

People still use CDs?!? I thought they died 10 years ago. I download music to my phone then link via bluetooth to my car hifi. Yeah, so the theory is that the quality on bluetooth isn't perfect, but with a loud diesel tractor engine in my SDI, sounds pretty good to me... :)