Boot lock micro switch is now obselete!!

LexG

Just hit exactly the same issue on my Gti. Although not for the Lock Micro switch. But for the passenger window regulator.

Part Number 6E0X837461B

One dealer advise one dealer might have one in stock. Called up said dealer and they sayid they did not but advised me to go here.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/

I have messaged a couple of other sources so we shall see what comes up

Edited by lupo1.0se

5 hours ago, LexG said:

Where is this?Ā 
cheers

Any VW OEM parts distributor, for example your nearest VW dealer should be able to order it (actually Audi, Å koda and any other VAG dealer might be able as well), deliveryĀ might take some time, because they don't storage all oem partsĀ available in shop.Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

Just hit exactly the same issue on my Gti. Although not for the Lock Micro switch. But for the passenger window regulator.

Part Number 6E0X837461B

Can You please make sureĀ it is correct OEM code?

36 minutes ago, ObjectiveAway said:

Any VW OEM parts distributor, for example your nearest VW dealer should be able to order it (actually Audi, Å koda and any other VAG dealer might be able as well), deliveryĀ might take some time, because they don't storage all oem partsĀ available in shop.Ā 

Ā 

Typo

Ā 

TryĀ  6E0837461B

1 hour ago, ObjectiveAway said:

Ā 

Strange VW dealer told me this is obsolete .. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

51 minutes ago, LexG said:

Pretty much what they told me. But what I got out of them is apparentlyĀ mechanicalĀ  parts are available but everything else is not so much. It might be worth trying the link I providedĀ  earlier.

11 hours ago, LexG said:

Call few moreĀ VAG dealers, they should gladly order OEMĀ itemsĀ for you, might likeĀ advance payment offer, however the parts can not be returned, thats might cause unwillingness to order them for consumers.

Ā 

12 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

TryĀ  6E0837461B

Ā 

With or without electric motor, both versions are available more than 1000 OEM units, but You have plenty of aftermarket parts available, checkĀ part codes onĀ https://7zap.com/en/part/VAG/6X0837461A/Ā , some of these should be available else where.

These brands appears available:Ā VAN WEZEL;Ā ESEN SKV; BLIC; TOPRAN; MIRAGLIO; MAGNETI MARELLI; VALEO.

1 hour ago, ObjectiveAway said:

Call few moreĀ VAG dealers, they should gladly order OEMĀ itemsĀ for you, might likeĀ advance payment offer, however the parts can not be returned, thats might cause unwillingness to order them for consumers.

Ā 

Ā 

With or without electric motor, both versions are available more than 1000 OEM units, but You have plenty of aftermarket parts available, checkĀ part codes onĀ https://7zap.com/en/part/VAG/6X0837461A/Ā , some of these should be available else where.

These brands appears available:Ā VAN WEZEL;Ā ESEN SKV; BLIC; TOPRAN; MIRAGLIO; MAGNETI MARELLI; VALEO.

Are you sure the code you provided is correct. The only i reason i say this is Gti ones are apperently specific. Same as 3L

Ā 

@lupogtiboy should be able to confirm that

Edited by lupo1.0se

41 minutes ago, lupo1.0se said:

Are you sure the code you provided is correct. The only i reason i say this is Gti ones are apperently specific. Same as 3L

I think these are for regular lupo,Ā 6E0 837 461 B is windows regulator with electric motor,Ā coasts aroundĀ 100Ā£,Ā 6X0 837 461 C is windows regulator without motor, coasts around 25Ā£.

10 minutes ago, ObjectiveAway said:

I think these are for regular lupo,Ā 6E0 837 461 B is windows regulator with electric motor,Ā coasts aroundĀ 100Ā£,Ā 6X0 837 461 C is windows regulator without motor, coasts around 25Ā£.

Ah. I am after Gti ones

6X0 947 569 is obsolete and VW UK aren't showing any in stock, however it is showing as a Heritage part, so you can get one via VW Heritage based in Shoreham

https://classic.heritagepartscentre.com/

Type the part number into the search section and they are able to order one. They can do this for any part that is showing as being a VW Classic part, signified with the letter 'c' next to the part on ETKA. I managed to get a genuine GTI radiator grille from there last year, took around a month to arrive, but was cheaper than the original VW price!

21 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

Ā 

@lupogtiboy should be able to confirm that

O/S window motor is 6X0 959 801 B

N/S window motor is 6X0 959 802 B

The motors fit all Lupo's, it's the regulators that are GTI/3L specific

GTI N/S/F regulator - 6E0 837 461 B, obsolete from VW, not showing as a classic part either

GTI O/S/F regulator - 6E0 837 462 B, showing as available in Germany to order

Neither come with motors

Edited by lupogtiboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

O/S window motor is 6X0 959 801 B

N/S window motor is 6X0 959 802 B

The motors fit all Lupo's, it's the regulators that are GTI/3L specific

GTI N/S/F regulator - 6E0 837 461 B, obsolete from VW, not showing as a classic part either

GTI O/S/F regulator - 6E0 837 462 B, showing as available in Germany to order

Neither come with motors

That is brilliant. Thank you. After going to the garage this morning it is working now but the motor maybe tempermental. Not the Mech.

Ā 

GTI N/S/F regulator was the one i was having issues getting anywhere.

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

6X0 947 569 is obsolete and VW UK aren't showing any in stock, however it is showing as a Heritage part, so you can get one via VW Heritage based in Shoreham

Type the part number into the search section and they are able to order one. They can do this for any part that is showing as being a VW Classic part, signified with the letter 'c' next to the part on ETKA. I managed to get a genuine GTI radiator grille from there last year, took around a month to arrive, but was cheaper than the original VW price!

Defienetly thinking of ordering the grill. Do you have the part numbers for the badge and holder?

15 minutes ago, lupo1.0se said:

Defienetly thinking of ordering the grill. Do you have the part numbers for the badge and holder?

Ok. this is getting interesting. So i have inputted the numbers i think i need for the grill parts

6E0 854 955 (i believe is the support)

3B0 853 601 B (the emblem i require)

6E0 853 679 C (Gti with silver i badge)

Ā 

Whats strange is i can order the grill. But yet the badge parts that go with it i cannot.

Ā 

Also tried some other obslote parts (known)

Aluminum bonnet - nope

Lupo inscription badge - also nope

Ā 

Odd you think?

Heritage can only get parts that have the letter 'c' next to them on ETKA, this signifies they are a 'classic' part. Not all obsolete parts are made 'classic' parts by VW, is all a supply and demand thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 8:54 AM, lupogtiboy said:

Thanks for this tip off, ordered a spare honeycomb grill to go with the rest of a new front bumper I have in the shed for Ā£67. Had heard of them but hadn't realised they were only down the road from me in Shoreham!Ā 

Interesting it has a manufacture date of 2017, how much longer will they make Lupo GTI parts given we must be a pretty niche market...Ā 

IMG_20201114_160130.jpg