GTI seat cloth

BLADE

Long shot, but has anyone found a supplier of matching material for the GTI seats (the dark grey interwoven velour part). Am trying to replace the driver’s upright bolster cloth which has worn through. Local VW dealer is saying that full replacement covers are no longer available. Whole seats do come up on eBay, but condition is usually rough.

Yeah, if you can get them to simply unhook the fabric (which is what I ask them to do)... It takes 20 mins for the whole seat once out- base and back. Then they can simply fold it up into a package and mail it over for a few euros. Best part is the passenger seats are typcally in near new condition- just like your passenger seat. Except in mainland europe, the passenger is our driver's seat :)

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-lupo-schlachtfest/k0

3 hours ago, LR5V said:

I thought you got the entire seat - with foams too?

Yeah, did once for one of my golfs, but people are asking silly money to send over a complete seat now. So once I'd figured out a short cut and made a quick video how to do it (i'll see if I can find the vid again), it was easier for everyone (and a lot cheaper). Google translate is great for this, but most Germans, Dutch and French people can speak english (when there's a chance to make a few euros!). :)