Air vent blowing wrong direction

Harvs

Not had my car very long so finding little things wrong over time. One big issue I’ve found this morning though hadn’t noticed before is that the air vent is either blowing on my feet or smacking me in the face. Not touching the windshield whatsoever even if it’s positioned to this setting it still just blows on my feet. Anyone else come up against this issue...apologies if it’s im repeating. Not got a lot of money to repair as it’s my first car and have already replaced bearings and wheels.

Congratulations with your first car! 

I guess something is wrong with the switches, you can remove them and take a look. Stary by pulling cables 2 and 3 manually, if thats make difference, then its only controller problems.

Read this manual before, sadly this page don't contain long pfd type document, therefore notice next page button to read next pages. 

polo-mk3-2583.png

Edited by ObjectiveAway
  • Like 1

Very common problem on our Lupos.

Yeah you need to get to the controls, just in front of the gear stick. Which means you need to remove all the kick panel trims above the footwells. What seems to jam, or become stiff is the flap that controls the air to the footwell. Sounds like your's is stuck in the footwell position. You need to get you hand in the box from the right hand side, remove any rubbish (which can jam it) and lube the flap hinge. Keep wiggling it up and down until it feels loose.

But it could also be something simple like one of the control cables becoming loose (the cable clamp fails).

But if the inside of the car is fogging up, you might have a leak. Check the seals at the base of the doors to see if they get wet after washing it or rain. After people fix the leccy windows or locks, they don't seal up the rain shields behind the door cards (essential!). Every Lupo I've worked on has had torn door card rain seals....

And welcome to club Lupo :)