It's Here: The £9K Gti!

davy26

I've seen some fairly rough Gtis being punted for unrealistic money based on the belief that the model has become a 'collectible classic,' and imagine that, if sold, the price had been haggled down lots.  However, as with most cars 'of an age' and outside the mainstream, individual condition/mileage/spec is what counts, and, though that red grille strip needs removing, maybe this one seems to make a good case for its asking price?  https://www.stationgarage.co.uk/used-volkswagen-lupo-east-boldon-tyne-and-wear-2748409

53627730.jpg

From the headline I thought this was going to be the first up gti none write off at this point,the lupo has been for sale for a while now started at 10k. I'm interested to know which people on here would go for this lupo or up gti same mileage when there 9k?

Hopefully they will still have it long enough to drop to about £6k then I might go have a look. It has nothing on that raven blue one that was up for that much earlier in the year though!

5 hours ago, Y2ACP said:

From the headline I thought this was going to be the first up gti none write off at this point,the lupo has been for sale for a while now started at 10k. I'm interested to know which people on here would go for this lupo or up gti same mileage when there 9k?

My Mum has an Up GTI which I have driven a fair amount this year due to her not being able to drive much due to medication. It’s a fun car and obviously buying a 15+ year old car isn’t going to appeal to a lot of people, but I much prefer driving my Lupo GTI and if price wasn’t a factor I’d choose it every time. The Up isn’t as solid, isn’t as responsive at low speeds (turbo lag ftw)l struggles up hills as it is just a 1l (not great in Brighton) and the quality of the finish just isn’t that great. The Lupo GTI is special - it was built and designed with the sort of care and attention to detail that the Up just obviously was not given. A shame and a missed opportunity but I guess the RRP when the UP GTI was first released was low... 

Between £2.5K and £3K overpriced. As has been mentioned they have reduced it by a grand from where it started off and I reckon its been for sale for at least 5 months.

If it was a Laser blue one with that mileage than that price would be close to bang on. Remember laser blue there is only 4/5 in the country. (so rarity plays in as factor).

There is a red one on ebay at the moment with similar mileage and that is up to 5k already. It was on Gumtree for £6,200 (but i don't think gumtree is where to advertise these days) (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-GTI-1-6-16v/154131766510?hash=item23e2f81cee:g:fnIAAOSwehZfgLw7)

Also there has been two Gtis that sold £6500 recently (one was a ex press car with more miles but has the history and had every option ticked). Also you have to think of the spares package it comes with

Spare alloy wheel (looks new) value couldn't say as i think its a obsolete item.

Orignal red piped mats spare - £100 at least in that condition (again obsolete)

Orignal rubber mats spare - for set around £50 (i think its a obsolete item)

Spare centre caps (6 of them). Say £20 a cap for arguments sake. (£120)

Two brand new tyes -  Look like toyo Proxieres TR1 (retail around £60 each from demon tweaks)

Another factor that has to be considdered is "its not a import" as his AirCon speced. Makes it slightly easier to insure (not sure what the insurance deal with imports, maybee davy can elaborate as his a import)

Realistally £7500

• Like 1