door lock

riomayner

ive got a problem with my drivers door lock, the lock originally wouldnt turn the car light on when the door opened so we took the door card off had a look took the locking barrel out of the handle replaced one of the bits in the lock re assembled it all correctly but however the lock now spins half turn unlocks the doors but now wont come out unless i lock it again any ideas what it could be 

Car light micro switch have nothing to do with lock barrel. Did you adjusted the spring correctly back in place? I repaired recently exacly the same two things on my Lupo, the micro switch is attached to par number 1/1A,

As I understand, you took apart part number 25. Lock barrel should easy turn to both sides in 90degrees, and come back to the center with help of spring even if the barrel is not inserted in car, if its not then its not properly assembled, if it is turning 90 degrees on both sides then fault is not in lock barrel.

Micro switch is poorly attached to lock part Nr. 1/1A, you should remove that lock part, and re-attach micro switch closely, basically plastic weld it back in place using soldering iron, because its now loose or fallen of completely. Mine micro switch was laying down inside the door.

221837000.png

Very common problem with so so so many Vdub models of that era. It's the door lock mech and microswitches. Easiest to throw it away and buy new as they're so cheap.

Oh, and welcome to club lupo! Pic of car?

Edited by mk2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 8:33 PM, mk2 said:

Very common problem with so so so many Vdub models of that era. It's the door lock mech and microswitches. Easiest to throw it away and buy new as they're so cheap.

Oh, and welcome to club lupo! Pic of car?

got a full set of bbs for the car rest are just blown

6DAB5465-CDC1-47A0-A7FF-4911A43549E1.jpeg

699C7D90-9243-49F7-8E4A-FF89EA607CDA.jpeg

• 1 year later...