P0404

creon

Got the code p0404 up on the dash read and came up with egr, this being the 3rd time I've cleaned it out I went and bought a new one branded mapco. Any way lights on the dash have come back with the same p0404.

Either the new egr had failed o'r three another issue such as vacuum o'r electrical.

I need a hand to pin point in right direction please, previously the egr has stuck open but not this time. And previously the car would stall but again not this time, after the new egr the light went away and it seemed to run and rev a lot cleaner, but since the light is back there's a slight misfire.

Tonight I'm going to take the engine cover off and trace the vacuum pipe back then clean the air filters, I'm going to electrical tape the vacuum pipe and look for any frayed wires.

Anything else I can look for?

So with my new egr valve installed do i have to set this up with vagcom o'r is it straight swap?

Cant identify the problem I'm going to remove the egr valve and see if the inlet/outlet back towards the engine is gummed up, can't think of anything else 😔

Depending on the type of EGR valve, it may need adjustment. You need to balance the amount of exhaust gas recirculated to fresh air sucked in. But depending on engine type (you've not mentioned any details), the ECU can decide itself how much bleed gas it gets using the O2 sensor.

Auc engine .999cc.

Removed egr everything seems fine tested new and old with 12v both seem to work, ran car with egr off and plenty of exhaust gases getting past. I've reassembled and it's running fine with dash lights off and error code not come back for now.

I've understood that the front 02 sensor might give trouble in regards to the egr but shouldn't it throw it's own code?