central conveniance module

kurt7

Hi everyone, my car has developed faults with electric windows and central locking, does anyone know if I can just replace module , other forums say they need to be programmed but is that only for remote central locking? And iv seen a couple for sale do I need one ending in j or n

1.7 SDI 2003 thanks

It's possible but unusual if it's the CCM. More likely are the lock microswitches for the locking and the press button switches for the windows. Either way, the top door cards will need to come off. I'd start on the driver's door first. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, so the CCM is ok then if the windows work. It's the control switches. Water can get in them and corrode the contacts (rain, open window...).

Can you control the locks with the lock control switch? If yes, then certainly the switches inside the lock mechs. You can't clean them with contact spray. They need to be dismantled (Sealed unit). Does the interior light come on when you open the door? Checked the fuse?

On 8/14/2020 at 8:45 PM, kurt7 said:

Now locks work with switch, and interior light not responding to door looking at fuses but they seem ok do you know which one?

common vw issue! micro switch in the lock fails/corrodes, it tells the ecu that the lock is open or closed,  not sure on the lupo? not pulled the locking motor yet to see if its replacable like on my t5, on that the switch was a green blob of snot! it was cheaper to replace the switch than too buy a new lock! plus the cheap locks out there operate differently in some cases, they dont dead lock or the double click locking via the remotes unlocks the door again!