New member looking to sort my lupo out. Haven't got a clue.

Andy fountain

Hey all. I've just joined. 

I've got a 53 plate lupo 1.4 and I just want to lower it and make it look half decent. 

I know it's not the fastest sportiest looking one, but I just love the shape of the little car. 

It's still looks like a bug to me, I've no idea what I'm doing by lowering it. I've looked on here. Coilovers are the way to go I see. I've got this image in my head of a lowered 60 mm front and back over 14" polo steels with full moon hub caps. I've bought the hub caps already. Just need the wheels. Please be gentle with me. But any contacts or help would be great?

Not looking to go too mad on it really. Going to de badge back and front grill and bonnet. 

Any advice? 

Andy

Hey and welcome to club lupo :)

Coil overs are the choice way, but you can go cheap and just use softer front springs from an older dub, like a Derby or old Polo. The heavier weight will lower it at the front. To drop it at the back, you could use lowering plates. I think @danno has a pair for sale.

i don't get the debadging. Model yeah, but a lot of people don't even know what a lupo is. There aren't many about (at least not where I am), apart from on my drive.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:43 PM, mk2 said:

Hey and welcome to club lupo :)

Coil overs are the choice way, but you can go cheap and just use softer front springs from an older dub, like a Derby or old Polo. The heavier weight will lower it at the front. To drop it at the back, you could use lowering plates. I think @danno has a pair for sale.

i don't get the debadging. Model yeah, but a lot of people don't even know what a lupo is. There aren't many about (at least not where I am), apart from on my drive.

I do indeed. I did debadge my first lupo but now I'm all for keeping them. If you do debadge the front grill make sure you get the bonnet notch welded as it looks terrible if not done. Welcome along!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, Andy fountain said:

Thanks for the reply, I have been so busy. So do you still have the lowering plates for the rear Danny? Sorry for the delay. 

I do indeed buddy