correct fuel filter ?

kurt7

Hi does anyone know how I work out the correct fuel filter I need for my 1.7 SDI as it has come with a cheap aftermarket one as it was burning veg oil. It's a 2002 any way of working it out by vin number not sure if I need one with r clip or Mickey mouse clip for valve thanks

Yeah, got two tubes and a hole in the top, with a water bleeder at the bottom. EUro car parts or GSF would be a place to start. Else ebay... about a tenner delivered. Make sure you get two little rubber "O" ring seals with it for the anti syphon valve.

Welcome to club lupo :)

car pic please

• Thanks 1

Only one as far as i know. But very early models were slightly different.

yeah, you need a butterfly type clip to hold the valve in place, and the two new o rings, so it doesnt suck air into the system.

• Like 1

Great stuff I got a silver SDI 130k , but seen a lime green one and couldn't resist it only 79k but been a veg burner and vibrates bad at idle putting new fuel filter on it might sort that out. Plus I got to Stranraer for £17 from Wigan in silver love these cars.

Edited by kurt7

If it idles bad, check out the EGR delete how-to.

Run a tank of BP ultimate diesel through it. The additives will give everything a good fuel system clean out.