Brake hose's

Hi guys 

Im upgrading my original brake hose's since they are about to burst and have perished with age.

I have a full set of Hel braided coming and need to know of any tips or advice of any problems to look out for since everything looks to br original never been undone ive pre soaked the bolts and connections on front and rear in hope that the job of undoing them will be easy.

The ones at the beam are the worst as you don't have much space to play with - start with these then move onto the fronts.

Make sure your bleeders are free - carefully soak these too - having a blow torch on standby is a comfort for sticking bleeders.

It looks crap fitting old clips onto nice new hoses  - Febi clips - suspect you need 6 (2 for the front, 4 at the beam)

If you havent got them  - Invest in proper brake spanners and vice grips 

Quite often the nut on the hard pipes will be stuck in place - important to support these as you undo the flexi - so you don't break the hard pipe.

You mentioned the original ones were perished, there are also flexi/hardline pipes on each side of the beam going to the calipers, are they Ok?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice @LR5V from what i can see all the brake lines are sound no corrosion at all! Just the rubber hose that comes off is perished hope that it will go all to plan fingers crossed ill definitely give everything a good soak. I have new bleed nips for the front and my rear wheel cylinders are fairly new so now issue with them i hope. 😊

Everything is done now had to replace everything as it was all rusty and old looking dont think its every been touch since the day it was born is the brake fluid green from factory or does it turn that way after the 20 odd years of neglect? The bleed nips were buggered snaped the head off one and the other rounded out even tho i was using heat to free them but no joy so 200 pound later i got new everything and it stops perfect now :)

Tell me about it. Just have the rear to do now but i wont even bother undoing the bleeder ill just buy new and not have any hassle then good to know that the car stops fast now after a number of tests at different speed (under 70mph) 

Rears are so easy, buy spares but if you don't have to take the drums apart, don't.

Just give them a bash/spin to clear the dust.

In fact bash the whole thing with a hammer enough in the right places and the nipples will come out.

Small needle nose vice grips are nice for this job, I wish Danno would give mine back.