Lupo AHW to AFH swap loom problem.

dgk22

Hello evryone, i started swaping over the loom from the polo, pretty much just de pinned the lupo ECU plug and plugged them in the polo ECU plug, only 2-3 needed to be resoldered due to size difference in the pins otherwise everything else fits, but got to a problem. 
I have no idea how to wire in the A/C it's pins 33 and 35 on the polo ecu plug and pins 8 and 10 on the lupo ECU plug, i only have Autodata and doesn't really help wih information about the signals, checked schematics but wires seem to be going on different places for both cars.
  Also the engine cooler blower control module pin 13 on the lupo ECU plug i can't figure out where to put on the polo ECU. 

Entirely possible, there are a lot of converted lupos, but seems like it's a big secret. 
Asked a few people that make up looms here in my country even two of them that have done this exact conversion, they don't want to say. 
Can't drive the car to the other side of the country to get it sorted out...

I'm with Mk2, this is a rare swap.

Polo cooling fan control way back when they were using AFH engines was probably a thermo switch in the radiator alone - suspect that may be the reason why there is no ecu connection.

AC pins, are they same size? if they are just fit them, 50/50 that your right, if you are wrong just swap the pins

Looking at the schematics they both have blower control modules. 
Ac pins are the same yes was thinking of doing that but again at the schematics they go to different places.
I thought it was pretty standard swap? Like every other thread i've seen is "put an AFH in it"

Also, immo box, and chip from the newer AFH 6n1, plugs straight in. Or if you have vag tacho take the pin out of the old immo box and then just sync with new ECU. That is for older lupo's with immo 1 and 2.

The pin code from the immo box.
I was told you could just delete the one in adaptations with VCDS and it would adapt itself have not tried that as i just bought and ECU and immo box from the same car. 99 6n1 plugged straight in.
PS: Have to find the plastic covers for the dizzy and cables because it's quite ugly.

110211949_864598964028298_2696878493079307884_n.jpg

Edited by dgk22

What software do you use to read the PIN code from the unit? I've used a "version" of vagtacho, but i can't get the codes. Can you pair up ID48 chips in keys?

Not sure, vag tacho should work fine for immo 1 and 2, if not vag commander or just de solder the chip and use a programmer to read it. 
I used the box that was paired with the ECU because it came out cheaper than buying vag tacho :D.

Cool. When you desolder the chip and read the data out, how do you know which address location the hex codes are, for the PIN code? It's just two bytes of data, but two in 64k. Needle in a haystack... Odo meter readings are easy, as the data changes after each trip, so you just look for the changed bytes (like looking for a moving planet on a background of stationary stars).

If you compare the chips unsoldered from a few Lupos, it's easy to see what is common to all cars, but there are a lot of data changes between models. Wouldn't it be great to identify all the byte locations and their uses. i guess that's what Uwe Ross spends a lot of time doing to make VAGCOM (or VCDS) work accurately. Secret VAG inside info....

I know it can be done, don't know how to tbh, but vag tacho should work fine. I've used the cheap chinese ones before on other cars with immo 1, took the pin out no problem but the cables are not very durable so to say. So this time i just bought the immo box and old key to make life easier. 
Now have to get ignition timing set but man you can feel the difference car runs great. Hopefully with the 4 branch manifold new exhaust should hit the 140hp mark.